SME SEEDx Code Camp initiative
With a very fruitful outcome of SEEDx Developer Challenge 2019, to take our APJ SME Partner Solution Innovation to next level for SAP Business One and SAP Business ByDesign, and keeping the momentum of innovation energy for building the Intelligent Enterprise for SMEs in APJ, right after the SMB Innovation Summit APJ 2019-Bangkok in March 2019, Jacob Tan, myself, Sridharan Thangaraj and Satish Kumar Movva have decided to run a bi-monthly mini development challenge with a specific competition topic across the region, here it shapes into the SME SEEDx Code Camp initiative, having the partner developers engaged by learning, coding and sharing about the intelligent technologies(AIML/IoT/Chatbot/Block Chain etc) bit by bit, where build block of hackathon for SMB Innovation Summit are reused as content foundation, forward to our SEEDx Innovator Challenge 2020 by the end of the year. Clearly, India and Sri Lanka were leading our last two SEEDx Developer Challenge in APJ, another key goal of this initiative is also to spread the Indian/Sri Lanka’s innovation flame to the rest of APJ.
So, how do we run it?
Specifically, we have only the developers from the partner selected for this program, for it is a code camp.
We have run a email campaign by our local product experts to reach the partners’s executive team across the region to explain the initiative, also calls to chase those didn’t respond.
- What is it?
- Why the partner should be part of it?
- How will we run it?
With the acknowledgement and commitment from the partner’s executives, we register the developers with a small survey about the skillset, which is grouped up to team. As a result, we have 16 teams formed(only 9 team active in the slack channel), each team is made of at least 3 developers across the partners by roles(front-end, integration, back-end), the participants from the partner could team up together, either across multiple partners.
2.Activities and outcomes of a SEEDx Code Camp cycle.
- One cycle, also called One Sprint will last for two months with a given a selected topic about the intelligent technology based on Github repository about build block of hackathon.
- A DevUnited conference meeting will be held, in which we will:
- conduct a presentation the select topic,
- showing some samples available on our Github repository about build block of hackathon
- At the end of call, we announce a small competition base on the topic, which require the partner to go through the build block, learn, and code.
- A dedicated of Slack channel is communication, announcement and ad-hoc Q&A discussion.
- A dedicated GitHub repository organised by sprint and team is created for sharing their source code
- By the deadline of the cycle, the team submit the project to the SEEDx Code Camp git hub account with shared IP. Everyone in the program can just download and use the project in their future project.
- Winners will be announced via email, SCN blog and twitter, And the winner will present their work to the rest in next dev united call.
3.Summary of SEEDx Code Camps
Kevin Rotairo (Appcentric)
Sinoj C George (SABRE Information Services Pte Ltd)
Danilo II Veroy (Direc Business Technologies Inc)
Jeramay Balais (Service 101 Plus Consulting Inc)