The ABAP Platform Strategy
|This blog is updated regularly. [Last edit: 2023-01]|
The ABAP Platform strategy highlights innovations that may help you plan and implement your digital journey and explains how these innovations may add value to your business.
SAP Road Map Explorer
SAP Road Maps support the journey to SAP’s future product portfolio and the Intelligent Enterprise. Visit the SAP Road Map Explorer and explore the various interactive road maps, webinars, and transformation guides to learn more.
- Explore the interactive SAP BTP ABAP Environment road map
SAP Help Portal – Release Notes
Find out the latest released innovations and features that you can turn into tangible value for your business.
SAP BTP stands for SAP Business Technology Platform (link).
- SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Release 2211
- SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Release 2208
- SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Release 2205
- SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Release 2202
- Replays of ABAP platform sessions at SAP TechEd in 2022
- Replays of ABAP platform sessions at SAP TechEd in 2021 – e.g.,
- Developer Discussions on ABAP in 2021 (playlist)
Further related links
- SAP Community (Sub-)Topic Pages
- ABAP Development Community
- SAP BTP ABAP Environment Community (aka Steampunk)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud ABAP Environment Community (aka embedded Steampunk)
- Modern Development with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP)
- ABAP Platform Releases and Consumers
- ABAP Platform Landing Pages
- RAP: Get Started with RAP | Modernization with RAP
- Get Started with ABAP for SAP HANA
- ABAP Platform Sessions at SAP TechEd in …
- Steampunk is going all-in!
- New SAP S/4HANA Release and Maintenance Strategy
- ABAP Cloud
Last edit: 2022-12
Thank You for the blog post. Is there a trial version of the ABAP Cloud Platform in the SCP?
We’re currently working on providing the developer community a trial experience of the SAP CP ABAP Environment.
It will be announced in the SAP Community as soon as available.
we are developing several centrally used applications using FPM/FBI. We hardly find any information on these tools in the roadmaps of SAP.
Can you tell us what the furure of FPM and FPMFBI is, or has time come to leave these behind?
Thanks a lot.
The SAP UI technologies (incl. WDA and FPM) have dedicated rollout channels for quite some time now.
Please have a look at the SAP User Interface Technologies road map to find out information about the Floorplan Manager for WDA (FPM) and other UI technologies.
For that, go to https://www.sap.com/products/roadmaps/finder-all.html and search for SAP User Interface Technologies.
Thank You for the blog post.
I have a question about slide 15.
Among the four columns, we have listed as recent innovations, or innovations to come, amongst others:
I’m wondering if I’m misunderstanding as these have been available for quite a few years, I think.
Yes, you’re right that these features are already available in the ABAP Platform - but only in on-premise releases, not on SAP Cloud Platform.
Slide 15 is about recent and planned ABAP Platform capabilities for the SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment. This is the reason why they are mentioned there. And it's also important to mention that these features are provided in a cloud-enabled version.
I hope this answers your question.
OK, that makes more sense. Thanks.
Thank you for putting everything together for easy book-marking and reference.