SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP09 focuses on making it easier to build flavors, especially for frequent users who spend their time creating a better UX for their colleagues. As with previous releases, we have listened to our customers (thank you to everyone that provided ideas) and prioritized their requests for enhancements. We have added many options for power users who can more quickly build Fiori-inspired flavors or intuitive screens that match their corporate branding for desktop or mobile apps.
We see continuing strong adoption of SAP Screen Personas among both SAP S/4HANA customers and ECC customers who have not moved to SAP S/4HANA yet. SAP Screen Personas remains a popular option to deliver the Fiori user experience when the business logic you need already exists in the form of an SAP GUI transaction code. We are continuing to plan new releases (see roadmap blog from April 2019) to make it faster and easier to deliver the Fiori experience.
SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP09 contains many new features; we will discuss three big innovations in this blog:
- Advanced features for tables in Slipstream Engine
- Scripting enhancements
- Usability improvements
Tables in Slipstream Engine get smarter
In SP09, we have made it easier to display information in tables the way you want to see it. For example, you can make tables more readable by adding alternating line colors (you choose the color). You can also select the number of rows to display on the screen, which is especially useful when creating adaptive flavors to run on different devices. On the desktop, you can choose whether to page through large sets of information or scroll. For mobile, we are sticking with showing one page of data at a time, for now, to optimize performance.
You can now copy information from a table in your flavor and paste it into the application of your choice. This has been available in SAP GUI for Windows for some time and we are now introducing this feature to Slipstream Engine.
Scripting gets more flexible and easier to use
Writing and maintaining scripts is now easier. The new global scripting capability allows you to create a script once and use it in several flavors. Just specify that you want the script to be global when you create it. The script editor keeps track of which flavors use your global script so you can know the impact of any changes you make. We have also made some visual enhancements to make writing scripts easier.
Little usability enhancements add up to a better experience
Sometimes, modest improvements add up to big results. (Read how the UK cycling team adds up 1% gains to win gold medals.) We have added a bunch of relatively small goodies into SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP09 that we hope will make your life much easier when using the software.
There is a new indicator when you have unsaved changes.
It clears when you save your edits or when the autosave does this for you. And, the you can control whether you use autosave (we recommend this) or turn it off.
There is a new type ahead search in Slipstream Engine so you can type less and enter the data you want faster.
Support runs through 2024
Here is our current support strategy for SAP Screen Personas 3.0.
- SAP Screen Personas 3.0 will be supported until at least Dec. 31, 2024. This rolling 5-year support is the same as S/4HANA. This is a minimum of five years from the release of this service pack, rounded to end of the calendar year. You may notice this moved from 2023 in SP08.
- We support the current as well as the two previous Service Packs. What does this mean to you?
- SP09 will receive continuous innovation
- SP08 will get important fixes and selected down ports
- SP07 will receive emergency fixes
- SP06 and earlier will no longer be supported (time to upgrade!)
SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP09 works on a variety of systems from SAP S/4HANA to some much older versions. Specifically:
|Basis||Minimum Service Pack||Additional Notes Required?||Supported Kernels|
For SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP09, the supported kernel releases and their corresponding minimum and recommended (as of June 17, 2019) patch levels are listed below. These are the same as for SP07 and SP08, so you do not need to update your kernel to move to the latest version of SAP Screen Personas.
Kernel release 773 –> Any patch level
Kernel release 753 –> Minimum patch level 27 –> Recommended patch level 224 or higher
Kernel release 749 –> Minimum patch level 400 –> Recommended patch level 500 or higher
Kernel release 745 –> Minimum patch level 600 –> Recommended patch level 600 or higher
Kernel release 742 is not supported.
Kernel release 722 –> Minimum patch level 400 –> Recommended patch level 500 or higher
See the SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP09 Master Note 2790943 for more details and updated recommendations.
Please send us your requests (via email or as a comment to this blog) for anything you would like to see in SP10 and beyond. Our planned theme for SP10 is enhanced support for moving to SAP S/4HANA.
- Watch the Productivity Power Play video about SP09.
- Upgrade to SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP09 (requires valid NetWeaver License).
- Take the free Introduction to SAP Screen Personas openSAP class to get a foundation for starting your project.
- Extend your knowledge with the Using SAP Screen Personas for Advanced Scenarios openSAP class to go deeper into how to use the product.
- Extend your flavors from your desktop to all your devices with our Building Mobile Applications with SAP Screen Personas
- Learn more from our new product support portal with articles and videos on a variety of topics.