SAP Asset Manager (Implementation Prerequisites)
SAP Asset Manager is a mobile app that leverages the digital core with SAP S/4HANA or SAP ERP and SAP Cloud Platform for managing work orders, notifications, monitoring conditions, consuming materials, managing time, and analyzing failures.
Asset manager have offline capability also, I am summarizing prerequisites for Installing and Implementing SAP Asset manager .
SAP Asset Manager Prerequisites:
- SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition: SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1610 Feature Package Stack 01 or higher
- SAP Gateway Foundation: SAP_GWFND, SAP Gateway Foundation 7.51 Support Package 01 or higher is required if installing Mobile AddOn for S/4 HANA system.
- Minimum add on release : S4MFND 100 SP03 and S4MERP 100 SP03
- Business Configuration Set(BCSet):/MERP/SAP_ASSET_MANAGER_30_REF – SAP Asset Manager 3.0.0 BC Set – Reference
- Mandatory SAP Notes :
- 2556695 : /MFND/CL_CORE_ODATA2_PROXY_MGR method SETUP_OMDO_CONTAINER keyfield conversion exception handling
- 2585996 : Performing delta synchronization from SAP Asset Manager 1.1 client receives error “Client Service unavailable”
- Administrator account for SAP cloud platform
- On-premise cloud connector set up
- SAP Asset Manager SDK
Key Features of Asset Manager:
- Integration with SAP ERP Enterprise Asset Management On-Premise (ECC 6.0) –Previously available only on SAP S/4 HANA On-Premise edition, SAP Asset Manager 2.0 can now be deployed with SAP ERP Enterprise Asset Management On-Premise edition.
- Additional Device Support – iPhone –The application is now available for iPad and iPhone.
- Component Approach – Components can be added to the application to add or modify features. Multiple components are released with SAP Asset Manager 2.0 such as Meter Management, Crew Reporting and Field Operations Worker.
- New Field Operations Worker Role – On top of the already available Maintenance Worker role, users can now use the application with a new role: The Field Operations Worker. This role supports workers who perform asset inspections and checks with focus on measurement points and on smaller services and repairs.
- Crew Reporting – Plant Maintenance Crew Reporting can be used for time entry. Allows time capture for entire crew from one device.
- Quick Entry Measuring Point – Measuring can be done at the asset level. The simple and intuitive user experience allows fast entry for different measuring points and a quick view of measuring points history.
- Meter Management
- Meter installation and uninstallation
- Aperiodic readings
- Warranties – Display manufacturer and customer warranty information.
- Enhanced Related Workorder Info – Display both historical information as well as pending jobs.
- PM Confirmations – Submit time entries using CATS or PM confirmations.
- Support for all eight WM Assignment Types – Customers have a variety of data distribution options for having mobile data sent to the technician, as well as a framework for creating their own if the built-in options are not sufficient.
- Production resources and tools – Read only info of associated PRT on workorder operations.
- View and Edit Characteristics – Editable info for classes and characteristics.
- Language and Localization – New languages available: Norwegian, Danish, French and German.
SAP S/4HANA on-premise edition 1610 Feature Package Stack 01 or higher
SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 7 SP14 or higher (SAP Note 2660361)
- Apple iPad or iPhone running iOS versions 10.x or higher
Useful Relevant Notes :
- 2646515 – Software Release Note – SAP Asset Manager 2.0
- 2646495 – Release Restrictions Note – SAP Asset Manager 2.0
- 2493602 – SAP Asset Manager Mobile Add-On for S/4HANA Installation Master Note
- 2660361 – SAP Asset Manager Mobile Add-On for ERP Installation Master Notes
- 2585996 : Performing delta synchronization from SAP Asset Manager 1.1 client receives error “Client Service unavailable
Hence bottom line is SAP Asset manager is replacement of SAP Work Manager, with cloud plateform, which provide business user flexibility to work when they are out of the office hence no delay in Business transaction due to physical unavailablity of user, Asset manager is futuristic innovation keeping in ming of IOT and Leonardo application for Intelligent asset management.
Thank you very much for this document is very useful, pleASE I have one question.
From these which prerequisites do you require for SAP Asset Manager:
1-SAP Mobile Platform / 2-Mobile Add-On for SAP S/4HANA / 3- SAP Cloud Platform / 4-Mobile Add-On for SAP ERP?
Thank you in advance,