Line Item Display – Special Fields – SAP S4HANA Conversion/Migration
In this blog post, you will understand how to display special fields in FBL1N, FBL3N, FBL5N reports in your converted SAP S/4HANA – if it is not displayed after conversion of your SAP ERP into SAP S/4HANA.
You have converted SAP ERP into SAP S/4HANA and wondering why the special fields – are not displayed in FBL1N, FBL3N, FBL5N reports.
This blog post is to provide a perspective of display of Special Fields in FBL1N, FBL3N, FBL5N reports in your converted SAP S/4HANA.
You would have configured special fields using transaction O7R3, example provided in the below screen shot in your SAP ERP.
- In your SAP ERP, you have maintained special fields using tcode 07R3 or Spro>Financial Accounting (New)>Master Data>G/L Accounts>Line items>Define Special fields for line item display
- You have converted your SAP ERP into SAP S/4HANA.
- You have completed conversion/migration into SAP S/4HANA.
- You have started testing your SAP S/4HANA
- During testing you found the line item display – the special fields does not appear in the change layout options.
- Below screen shot provides, Name1 is not appearing in FBL1N report or layout change field selection options
- Use Transaction code: SE37
- Enter the functional module name: ITEM_STRUC_EXTENSION
- Execute with the following parameter value
- BASIC_STRUCNAME: FAGLPOSY
- EXT_STRUCNAME : FAGLPOSYEXT
- EXT_FIELDS_TABNAME T021S
- I_LSTCL D
- X_TRANSPORT ‘ ‘
After executing this function module, the structure would be regenerated correctly.
In certain constellations, the routine AFTER-IMPORT for the table T021S for generating the special fields may not be started correctly. After executing the function module as mentioned above, the structure should be regenerated correctly.
This blog post is relevant for certain constellations, please refer to SAP Note# 984305 relating to Line item: Definition of special fields.
Thank you for reading this blog post.
Great...short and result oriented article.