SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit, what do you need to know?
UPDATED February 17, 2020
Registration link for new MTE on Migration Cockpit – direct transfer
UPDATED November 15, 2019
Replays: Migration cockpit & migration object modeler
UPDATED October 30, 2019
Registration link for November MTE on the SAP S/4HANA migration object modeler
UPDATED August 16, 2019
Registration link for new August release EGI on Data Migration Strategy and Tools
New blog reference to details for the new ongoing EGI
The SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit is SAP’s standard solution to migrate business data for new implementation scenarios of SAP S/4HANA Cloud or on-premise. This migration tool comes with guided procedures, predefined content, and a modelling environment: the migration object modeler.
SAP Enterprise Support Academy has now 5 assets to enrich your knowledge and skills on the SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit and managing your data migration strategy.
 Meet-the-expert (MTE) replay on what you need to know about the migration cockpit in SAP S/4HANA, and now,
 MTE replay on the migration object modeler.
 MTE on the migration object modeler – direct transfer.
 Ongoing multi-day remote sessions are available (see “EGI” below) to tighten up on your skills.
 Value map for SAP S/4HANA
Before you can access the replay and registration links, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.
1. MTE replay – SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit for new implementations
July’s replay focuses on the usage of the migration cockpit, how to create a migration project, and how pre-defined migration objects identified via your selected solution scope facilitate the transfer of business data from your source system. Special emphasis was on the functions and features particular to the following implementations: SAP S/4HANA on-premise and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant edition:
- SAP S/4HANA transition paths
- Current migration approaches (transferring data using files or staging tables, and methods in transferring data directly from SAP sources)
2. Learn more about the modeling environment of the migration cockpit by watching the replay from November 13: SAP S/4HANA Migration Object Modeler
- migration object modeler capabilities with a focus on the file/staging approach
- creating a migration object (including a demo)
- tips & tricks
- simulation and debugging
3. MTE replay – Discover the new migration approach to transfer data directly from an SAP system from March 11, 2020: SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit – Direct Transfer
- Learn about the guided process in SAP FIORI
- Get an overview about the migration object modeler for the direct transfer of data
4. In addition to watching the replays, you can now also register for the on-going expert-guided implementation (EGI) on
See the blog “The fields are green, and you’re ready to migrate your data. Get strategized” for registration details, as this would be your next step with hands-on activities during the 4 to 6 hours of training.
What is an EGI?
This is a multi-day remote session, where participants learn how to complete a defined activity with experienced SAP service engineers. It is delivered as a virtual classroom.
- Empowering you with 1 – 2 hour web sessions each morning, where an SAP expert explains step by step configuration using training materials
- You execute the demonstrated steps within your own project for 2- 3 hours on that same day on your SAP environment or provide cloud system
- And you have direct access to expertise as you perform the steps
In order to participate, you must be ready to invest 2 or more hours daily (during the training week).
5. Is there a value map to support me with my SAP S/4HANA implementation?
Yes! SAP Enterprise Support value maps powered by SAP Enterprise Support Academy are a great place for customers in pre go-live stage to get valuable information that can help you to understand how to plan, prepare and go through your implementation processes. Also, with value maps you get access to SAP experts and are able to ask questions. Customers in post go-live stages will also find interesting information, like notifications about upcoming product updates, links to available resources, blogs written by specialists, and so on.
Note: To register for the value map, you may require access to SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support. Already-registered members can access the value map directly via the SAP Enterprise Support Value Maps learning room