UPDATED August 16, 2019
Registration link for new August release EGI on Data Migration Strategy and Tools
New blog reference to details for the new ongoing EGI
The SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit is SAP’s standard solution to migrate business data for new implementation scenarios of SAP S/4HANA Cloud or on-premise.
SAP Enterprise Support Academy held a meet-the-expert (MTE) webinar in July on what you need to know about the migration cockpit in SAP S/4HANA, and a new series of multi-day remote sessions has now been released beginning August (see “EGI” below) to tighten up on your skills.
The MTE focused on the usage of the migration cockpit, how to create a migration project, and how pre-defined migration objects identified via your selected solution scope facilitate the transfer of business data from your source system. Special emphasis was on the functions and features particular to the following implementations: SAP S/4HANA on-premise and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant edition:
- SAP S/4HANA transition paths
- Current migration approaches (transferring data using files or staging tables, and methods in transferring data directly from SAP sources)
Before you can access the replay and registration links, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.
Watch the MTE replay
SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit for new implementations
July 10, 2019 10:00 AM EST/New York
In addition to the replay from July 10th, you can now also register for the new expert-guided implementation (EGI) on
See the blog “The fields are green, and you’re ready to migrate your data. Get strategized” for registration details, as this would be your next step with hands-on activities during the 4 to 6 hours of training.
What is an EGI?
This is a multi-day remote session, where participants learn how to complete a defined activity with experienced SAP service engineers. It is delivered as a virtual classroom.
- Empowering you with 1 – 2 hour web sessions each morning, where an SAP expert explains step by step configuration using training materials
- You execute the demonstrated steps within your own project for 2- 3 hours on that same day on your SAP environment or provide cloud system
- And you have direct access to expertise as you perform the steps
In order to participate, you must be ready to invest 2 or more hours daily (during the training week).