The CEO’s Role with HR in the Digital Learning Workplace Powered by SAP Jam
Compelling business trends and transformation happens every day. New customer requirements. Markets change. Mergers and acquisitions. Government regulations and compliance. Competitive pressures. Advancements in technology and innovation.
Winning CEOs help these transformations succeed by communicating their vision and strategy, setting up the business model with their leadership team, and making strategic learning an organizational priority.
How can HR / Learning professionals respond?
First, it starts with the Chief HR (or People) Officer and their team, who partner with the CEO, to provide access to the vital skills, expertise, and resources required.
Employees who understand the mission and are trained to perform at the highest level are more likely to achieve tangible outcomes, value, and performance which helps drive the top and bottom line of the business.
For the CEO to achieve transformation 4 key factors must be in place:
- Showcase the importance of learning as a pillar of the organization’s success.
– Believe in the content and its impact.
- Create an employee-first culture where learning enables incredible upside with customers.
– Empower career development.
- Develop quality learning programs that are linked to strategic direction.
– Ensure true commitment and accountability.
- Amplify top experts, leaders, knowledge (i.e. videos, playlists, podcasts, thought leadership, blogs, books, presentations, key assets, mentoring, etc.) as a central hub to provide context to formal learning.
– Extend formal learning to optimize the experience.
Maximizing the Digital Learning Workplace Opportunity with SAP Jam provides a powerful, robust, mobile platform which represents an industry leading, complimentary approach to formal Learning Management Systems (LMS). SAP Jam fulfills an important, unique niche amongst other learning tools to provide clear value which is highly visible with 53+ Million licensed users.
LMS provides the foundation for courses, certifications, testing, scheduling, and formal e-Learning, classroom, and virtual instructor-led training. The key is to combine LMS with a collaborative, business process, mobile enabled platform (“app”) powered by SAP Jam to achieve success. How would you rate your organization in using these tools?
To realize success, the CEO must go beyond the vision and communications by putting the right strategic learning system and approach in place.
As a result, the performance of the entire organization will elevate.
About the Author
|Richard D. Blumberg is a SAP Jam Practice leader who works with both SAP and SAP Services. He is the President of World Sales Solutions, LLC (WSS) (www.WorldSalesSolutions.com) providing 29+ years of thought leadership on a variety of “View from the Top” strategies including: Enterprise Social Business, Go-to-Market Strategies, Business Development, Talent Development, and Community Building. He and his team are recognized SAP Jam global experts for implementations, innovation, and adoption.|
- Maximizing the Digital Learning Workplace Opportunity with SAP Jam
- How SAP Jam and Google Analytics Extend Decision Support
- SAP Jam for social onboarding: How to Improve First Impressions for New Hires?
- Building a Global, Integrated SuccessFactors HR Services Model with SAP Jam
- From Now to the Year 2030 – SAP Jam Collaboration Will Play an Important Role With SAP Leonardo and the Digital Revolution
- 14 Ways to JumpStart #SAPJam Collaboration, Communities or Groups
- Understanding the Lift in SAP Jam Implementations & Adoption
- SAP Jam: Using all the Piano’s Keys and Pedals
- The Path to SAP Jam ROI Success
- SAP Jam: The ROI Impacting Sales Productivity
- Split Second Selling with SAP Jam – 7 Use Cases!
- The Customer Go-to-Market Imperative – Transforming Silos to Social Business and Community Building
- View from the Top: Bill McDermott shares his success secrets at a #fireside
Wonderful blog Richard. No doubt, SF Learning is growing fast along with advanved capabilities
Still not happy with SF Learning capabilities compared to other vendors.
Many of our custom enhancement requests are pending in SAP Customer Influence portal . and we can't see existing customers move to other vendors being a SF Learning consultant.
Thanks Niladri! As you can tell I have great appreciation for how SAP Jam and LMS work together to enable a CEO's mission.
Good that you have your requests in. A few of my best practice suggestions... Prioritize them. Find approaches that add value now with what exists along with an eye to the planned and potential roadmap enhancements. Have patience and inquiry about them periodically (i.e. quarterly). The more customers that they can benefit the better.
All the best!
Thanks Richard for your reply . Yes "Patience is the key" I agree 🙂