Finally, the Classical UIs SAP GUI for HTML (Web GUI) and Web Dynpro for ABAP (WDA) /Floorplan Manager (FPM) are touch-enabled to respond to the extended use of touch devices worldwide and the growing need for mobile availability. It’s also a response to the SAP Strategy Many technologies one dashboard (SAP Fiori launchpad). Before, the SAP Fiori launchpad tiles of the Classical UIs could not be enabled – now they can. And even better, also custom developments support touch screens now.
- Preservation of existing functionality
- Integration of universal touch gestures, such as tap, long tap to open a context menu, swipe and pinch.
- Optimization of controls, for example splitter, context menu, calendar control
These technologies are available with
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1905
- SAP S/4HANA (on-premise) 1909
- Quartz and Belize Theme
Supported Devices and Browsers
- iPad, Safari
- Android, Chrome
- Hybrid Device, Chrome
SAP GUI for HTML:
To get an overview of how to work touch-enabled in SAP GUI for HTML, see this blog.
- WDA offers several options to adapt applications to smaller screens on touch devices. Some examples are shown in this blog.
- FPM offers additionally a context-based adaptation tool (CBA) to adapt an existing application for better usability on touch devices without code change. For more information, see this blog.