Steps to use Web Services in SAP Data Services
In this tutorial you learn how to pull the data from webservices SOAP and load it into a table in SAP Data Services.
- Create a Data store to link to the WSDL that calls the Web Service
- Double click on the data store and import the functions you wish to call
- The first step is to create a data flow to read the information from the Web Service and export it to a table
- The source table contains all the information needed to call the WSDL
- Create the initial query to pull the source fields as follows
- Create the second query as follows make INPUT as current before you pull input fields – you will pass the second schema (INPUT) to the WSDL to pull back the response – as you cannot pass the Query itself
- In the next query, right click and select New Function call – select your WSDL function. When it opens, drag the sub-schema with source fields (the schema itself) to the function call. In this case we drag the INPUT schema to GetHolidaysForMonth.
- In the next query, pull the GetHolidaysForMonth schema out and make it un-nest as follows
- In the final query, pull the required fields to output
- Finally save & run the job and view the output
Webservices can be called in different ways in BODS, above is the webservices SOAP method which I explained.
Found and copied the below link from google and used the same in BODS which has complete information such as source information and test operations.