Data extraction and replication makes it possible to transfer data from an SAP source system, such as SAP S/4HANA Cloud, to the target system SAP BW/4HANA. This includes the metadata description of the source data that is to be transferred to SAP BW/4HANA, as well as delta extraction mechanisms.
CDS View based extractors are available from SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1905 CE.
CDS View based extractors (CDSV extractors) are released CDS Views that are enabled for data extraction (full) by the annotation @Analytics.dataextraction.enabled: true.
CDSV extractors that support delta extraction contain the annotation @Analytics.dataextraction.delta
CDSV extractors could be found using the View Browser app in a SAP S/4HANA Cloud system or SAP S/4HANA Cloud Trial system.
The steps to find the list of CDSV extractors are mentioned below:
- In the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system, choose the App Finder and search for the View Browser app.
- Open View Browser app from the search results.
- Change the Standard variant to Released Views variant.
- Enter the search text @Analytics.dataextraction.enabled:true in the Search box and press Enter.
- Choose Document Export button to download the list of CDSV extractors.
Note: Datasource names are not part of the document export list as of now and might be included in the future.
Data source name for a given CDSV extractor could be found with the below mentioned steps.
- Select a CDS View from the resulting list in the View Browser app.
- Open Annotation tab and find the value of the annotation abapcatalog.sqlviewname. This value is the Data source name.
CDS View corresponding to a given Data source could be found with the below mentioned steps.
- For a given data source name like IYEARMONTH, find the corresponding CDS View by searching View Browser with the search text @abapcatalog.sqlviewname:’IYEARMONTH’
The details of the CDS View i.e. fields, annotations, business object, references etc., could be found in the View Browser app. The business documentation of the CDS Views could be found here.
CDS View based Extractors are now available and can be discovered via View Browser app. CDS View based extractors are not a 100% match with the classical BW extractors due to the change in the data model in SAP S/4HANA. Hence, alternative CDS View based extractors cannot be listed for each classical extractor. The alternate extractors could be derived by closely checking the details of the CDS View based Extractors in the View Browser app and via the business documentation.