SAP Analytics Cloud: Overview and Best Practices
Here in this blog post you can find a summary list of links to wikis, blogs, webinars, etc.
This blog will help to improve your SAP Analytics Cloud experience
- Quick Links
- Data Integration and Modeling
- Data Visualization
- Digital Boardroom (DiBo)
- Live Data Connections
- Smart Predict
- Tenant Sizing and Performance
- Best Practice Guides on sapanalytics.cloud
Data Integration and Modeling
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connectivity Guidelines
- The Arts & Science of Tuning HANA models for Performance
- 2075671 – Best Practice: How to identify Tomcat crash, unresponsive or hanging issue
- 2459623 – “An error occurred in the BW service: Result set is too large; data retrieval restricted by configuration” error in SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2511489 – Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud *** Master KBA ***
- 2673776 – Restricted measures in the Cross calculations dimension causes poor performance in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Improved Responsive Page Design for SAP Analytics Cloud and Digital Boardroom
- SAP Analytics Cloud & IBCS Top 10
- SAP Analytics Cloud – New Learning Resources
- Feature Highlight – Dynamic Conditional Formatting in SAP Analytics Cloud
- How to Create Actionable KPIs that Drive Results
- Best Practices in Storytelling with SAP Analytics Cloud
- 10 Tips for Effective Responsive Dashboard Design using SAP Analytics Cloud
- 6 Tips that can make your SAC Experience Delightful
- Tips for creating effective and engaging data visualizations
- Canvas vs Responsive Layouts in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Three Design Hacks for SAP BusinessObjects Cloud You Need to Know
- Creating High-Impact Data Visualizations
- Data Visualization in SAP Analytics Cloud: A Deep Dive
- Story Performance Tips and Tricks
Digital Boardroom (DiBo)
SAP Analytics Cloud:
Live Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud – Hana live connection Best Practices
- Live Universe Best Practices
- From zero to Analytics pt4: Installing the HANA Analytics Adapter
Smart Predict is One of the latest features added to SAP Analytics Cloud.
Not all companies have data science teams and not all companies need them, Smart Predict is aimed at business users and enables a business analyst to do fully automated predictive workflows without needing to understand data science concepts or use any form of complex tooling.
It expands your existing business intelligence capabilities by learning from your historical data before making recommendations on the best action to take for your business.
How does Smart Predict differ with Predictive Analytics?
|Predictive Analytics||Smart Predict|
|on premise solution||cloud based SaaS solution|
|a tool for both Data Scientists and Business Analysts||more focused towards the Business Analyst|
|Supports the full predictive modelling life-cycle. It provides both automated modelling and Expert Modelling||Aimed at business users, it is focused on business problems and user intentions rather than predictive techniques and algorithms|
Currently Smart Predict supports Automated Classification, Regression and Time Series Forecasting use cases:
If you’re trying to determine the likelihood of whether something will happen, you’re dealing with a classification scenario.
If you’re trying to predict a numerical value and explore the key drivers behind it, you’re dealing with a regression scenario.
Time Series Scenario
If you’re trying to forecast a future numerical value based on fluctuations over time, seasons, and other internal and external variables, you’re dealing with a time series scenario.
- Getting started with Smart Predict
- Smart Predict guided playlist
- Augmented Analytics guided playlist
Blogs on SAP community:
Other Smart Features
Please find the short videos on Smart Features and their capabilities as listed below.
SAP Analytics Cloud contains a suite of augmented analytic features that use machine learning technology to produce easy to understand data results. I would like to highlight the primary “smart” features and provide overviews of each.
A good place to start learning more on the included Smart Features and their capabilities is by watching this short video. The video gives an overview of the primary “smart” features in SAC.
- Search to insight
- Smart insights
- Smart discovery
- Smart predict
SAP Analytics Cloud Feature Highlight: Smart Features – https://youtu.be/mLkTbXRuLmo
Search to Insight – This feature works by processing your natural language queries and providing you with answers in numeric point or chart form. Simply ask a question about your data and get instant insights. Search to Insight uses auto-complete suggestions to match words or phrases in your question to measures and dimensions in your data. After interpreting your question, you may see more than one option in the results panel. This is so you can double check that Search to Insight has understood your question.
Smart Insights – Uncovers top contributors – Top Contributors refers to the dimension members that provide the highest contribution to the data point being analyzed. The Smart Insights feature answers the question “what are the top contributors to the data point or variance selected?“
Smart Discovery – Uncovers key Influencers and helps a user to understand the significance of key influences on the selected measure or dimension
Smart Predict – Smart Predict helps business analysts answer business questions about the future. Smart Predict augments your existing business intelligence capabilities by learning from your historical data to create recommendations on the next best action to take for your business.
- Deep dive Search to Insights (webinar)
- Feature Highlight: Smart Insights and Smart Discovery (webinar)
- Latest Smart Features in SAP Analytics Cloud Smart Assist
Tenant Sizing and Performance
- Performance Optimization in SAC (Webinar)
- Best Practice Guides (SAP Analytics Cloud)
Please find the below links to help direct customers where to find support when working with the SAP Analytics Cloud 30-day free trial and moving to and working with a Productive Tenant.
Hopefully this will help you to navigate the support available.
Please note that Schedule an Expert from Product Support is available for SAP Analytics Cloud:
Please like or comment if you find this helpful.