Objective: Single Click Approvals
Workflows are one of the most important tools that help automate the business processes in an organization. Approval process is one of the most widely used use case for Workflows. When it comes to SAP C4C, it not only makes it really simple but it also makes it a perfect experience for the user.
Why use Workflows?
- Workflows automate the business processes reducing the processing times
- Workflows enhances process quality reducing the manual effort.
- Workflows increase process efficiency
Let’s take a common example. When an employee applies leave via company portal, his manager receives the notification email regarding the leave request. The manager the logs in into the company portal and approves/reject the request with a single click. Once approved/rejected, the leave account is accordingly updated for the employee. That’s a crude live example of workflows in action. Workflow can be set up to remind the Approver automatically within a particular time period if the he/she forgets to take an action. Workflow, as would be clear now, is nothing but the mechanism or tool which reduces the manual work and automates all the process for your organizational processes.
This blog will talk about the Workflows and Approval process in SAP Cloud for Customer.
The way it flows in Cloud for Customer
In SAP Cloud for Customer, Workflows, when activated, enable to notifications to the customers/agents whenever a task has been completed successfully or certain condition has been met as per the specified criteria. We can define and activate rules for updating the fields and set up notification manually. Once a specified condition is met within the specified criteria, the field will update automatically and change the field values. We can also set actions to send notifications to the users once the item or field has been changed and a task has been completed successfully or even better, send emails directly to the customers.
For example, whenever a user raises a ticket in SAP Cloud for Customer, if the status has been changed from “In Progress to “Completed”, then we can configure to send an email notification to the user informing him that the ticket has been completed.
Let’s look at the configuration settings in the system.
Let’s create the workflow rules in SAP Cloud for Customer under the workflow rule tab. This section details the four-step process which is involved in workflow rule definition.
1)Enter Basic Data: –
- Description: Enter the workflow name under this description tab
- Business Objects: The business object on which you want to define the rule e.g. Accounts, Contacts, Opportunity, Lead, Tickets etc.
- Timing: Defines when you want this workflow rule to be evaluated. We have different types of list under the timing tab:
- On Create Only i.e. when object is created
- On Every Save i.e. every time the object is getting saved.
- Scheduled i.e. the workflow will get executed on the mentioned time only and scheduling will be done at actual date, object date and relative time.
2)Conditions: It describes the conditions which when met, should trigger the workflow execution. It is defined by “OR” and “AND” conditions. It is based on Standard fields, Extension fields and Field value change
- First we have to choose the field on which the conditions will be checked.
- Secondly, we need to choose an operator which will be “Equal to” or “Not Equal to”.
- Lastly, the value for the condition to be met.
For example, if we choose the object “Tickets” then we will choose field as “Status” and operator will be “Equal to” and on what status we want to execute this condition which will be set as Completed, In process etc.
3)Define Actions: It describes the action to be executed, when the condition is met i.e. Send an email, generate a notification, update a field of the object or create follow up tasks. Based on the action selected, the attributes corresponding to the action appear on the screen, which need to be filled with relevant values. for e.g. if we select “Sending an email” then we need to mention the email id for the corresponding customer so that SAP C4C will send an e-mail to the customer once the condition is met.
4)Review: In this tab we can review our workflow rule i.e. Description, Object Type, Timing, Conditions and Actions whatever we choose during configuration we can see that all in one page. To activate the rule, we need to click the activate button so that rule will be activated.
5)Confirmation: After activation, we can confirm the workflow rule and click on close button so that this rule will be valid now for your tenant.
Click Approve, Click Reject
Approval Process is basically configured by the solution administrator to help our business process for getting approvals for objects like Sales Quote, where we need to take the approval for the quote generated, according to the organization approval process. Approvals are typically routed to reporting line manager, functional unit manager or so on, though there will be multiple levels of approval required for certain objects or conditions.
Let us start the configuration in SAP Cloud for Customer for approval process.
- First, we need to check the scope and activate the multi-step process for the approval of quote.
- Now Navigate to the path: Administrator –>Approval Process
- Click on Approval Process
- Copy the Existing approval process from the list and click on it
- After that we can rename the approval process name or leave it as it is and choose the work distribution (Approver Determination) which will show the list of approvers like Direct Approvers, Functional Unit Manager, Involved Party Approver etc.
- Once you edit and choose the work distribution, we can maintain the conditions as per the requirement of the organization, similar to the workflow process:
- Choose the field
- Operator (Equal to and Not Equal to)
- With the Value
- Once you create the conditions, select our created approval process and click on edit validity button in this we need to end the validity date for the existing approval process and add the new validity date for the newly created process.
- Once all the steps are done, we can save and close the approval process and we can directly check in quote approval process once the condition is met.
Hope you enjoyed reading this blog and found it useful!!!!