In theory, everyone wins if someone from the office attended the SAPPHIRE NOW | ASUG ANNUAL CONFERENCE earlier this month, even if that attendee wasn’t you. They told me to think of these videos and slide decks as sharing memories of a “fantastic experience” I didn’t actually experience. Okay, so let’s take our fantastic trip back down Memory Lane in Orlando . . .
Remember how you (didn’t) go inside the conference to find SAP Solution Manager, Focused Solutions, and SAP Cloud ALM expert tables in the Services and Support Pavilion? Here’s the video teaser (0:19):
With this photo, you can (re)imagine ALM being advertised on the biggest stages for achieving customer success for the intelligent enterprise:
Andreas Heckmann, Head of Customer Success Services, also appears in this on-site video, summarizing SAP’s new approach to customer success (2:23).
Here, Vice President Application Lifecycle Management Tim Steuer shares his immediate impressions of the Day 1 keynote address. He briefly recounts the keynote’s relevant points for SAP Solution Manager 7.2 in this on-site video (1:39):
Plus, here are more on-site video summaries for the old memory bank:
- Latest News on SAP Cloud ALM (2:11)
- React Now – Impact of the SAP Support Backbone to SAP Solution Manager (1:25)
Somehow this photo gives me the blurry impression of an ALM expert, like Tim perhaps, on the showcase floor, asked by someone in the crowd to explain some fine points about SAP Solution Manager and SAP Cloud ALM:
Overall, when I think of the joint conference, I get an impression of extended stretches of time on the showcase floor. These floor times allow for personal down-to-earth interaction between experts and customers. While floor times are the times between the stage presentations, stately meals, and hotel pool swim breaks, times at the ALM info booths can leave a lasting impression to customers of differing priorities. You can (re)capture some of these moments with ALM experts at upcoming SAP Solution Manager Education Summit (SolEd) conferences in other parts of the world.
Thinking of impressive Orlando moments, I believe the last time I visited Orlando I was eleven years-old on a family trip to Disney World. Through the Magic Kingdom entrance gates, seeing Main Street and the castle beyond it, “wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you”, as American author Ernest Hemingway put it. (Of course, Hemingway refers to the elegant charm of Paris, not a costumed Donald Duck sighting.)
Attractions for Days
Just as it was for attendees of the SAPPHIRE NOW | ASUG ANNUAL CONFERENCE, my three days in Orlando were not enough for everything.
Despite my youthful optimism and strategic study of illustrated theme park maps, I couldn’t experience all the attractions. My keeping those park maps as souvenirs, though, helped as I later reminisced on the experiences I did have. Similarly, even the most clever conference agenda planners (readers of my agenda-planning blog, for example) can benefit from digital souvenirs of ALM offerings.
The bulleted and alphabetized links in the A, B, and C groups now send you directly to the respective slide decks of events past.
These slide decks in my A group concern SAP Cloud ALM:
- Discover the Benefits of SAP Cloud ALM for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Discover the Relationship between SAP Solution Manager and SAP Cloud ALM
- Explore the New SAP Cloud ALM Solution
- Implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud with SAP Cloud ALM at Beyond Technologies
- Implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud with the SAP Cloud ALM Solution
- Interactive Influence: SAP’s Strategy for Cloud Application Lifecycle Management (ASUG discussion session – no published slides available)
- SAP Cloud ALM: A Customer Journey to SAP S/4HANA Cloud
These slide decks in my B group concern SAP Solution Manager:
- Action required! How to Prepare before 2020 to the Update of SAP’s Support Backbone
- Agilent Improves Stability and Reliability with SAP Operations Control Center
- Create Your 2019 SAP Solution Manager Priorities to Optimize Your Solutions
- Discover the Integrated Process Flow in SAP Solution Manager
- Explore a Customer Success Story with SAP Solution Manager and SAP S/4HANA
- Interactive Influence: SAP Solution Manager (ASUG discussion session – no published slides available)
- Look into the Future of SAP Solution Manager
- Plan Your Path to SAP S/4HANA with SAP Solution Manager
- Proactively Address Master Data Synchronization Issues with SAP Solution Manager
These slide decks in my C group concern Focus Solutions for SAP Solution Manager:
- Create Powerful Dashboards with Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager
- Hear the Real-Life Advantages of Focused Run for SAP Solution Manager
- Optimize Hybrid Operations with Focused Run for SAP Solution Manager
- Uncover the New Capabilities of Focused Build for SAP Solution Manager
Does this look familiar? It might not be much help on a subway system, but you can find out how to Plan Your Path to SAP S/4HANA with SAP Solution Manager.
|Is your memory cloudy when it comes to those conference demos? Check out our knowledge transfer and demos of SAP Solution Manager. Please log on with your s-user.|
Well, that was fun, but daydreaming about Orlando has to end sometime (0:14) . . . until next year!