Building Intelligent Nation through Skills Building among Youth
SAP building skills of youth through emerging technologies
Last year, SAP partnered with NITI Aayog to adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Labs (STEM Labs) in 5 years. In the first phase of pilot, NITI Aayog under Atal Innovation Mission provided 16 schools to SAP for adoption. SAP’s focus has been to ensure that we prepare the youth with advanced science and electronics skills, provide mentorship, equip with digital skills & emerging technologies in order to prepare them for Intelligent Economies. The initiative was initiated as by signing the Statement of Intent between NITI (National Institute of Transforming India) Aayog – Planning Commission of India, Government of India, the initiative is funded by India Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – Read More Here
SAP delivers Programme Pedagogy & Curriculum – towards Intelligent Technologies
SAP prepares the curriculum and devises the pedagogy for all the schools, as well as provides mentorship to the students.
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) methodology: With DIY methodology, students execute the science, electronics, experiments through the use IOT and basic programming concept
- Integrated teaching on Science, Electronics and Internet of Things including robotics, astrophysics, 3-D printing & modelling, use of sensors & devises, actuators, Arduino board, etc. in the state-of-the-art labs
- Impart Digital Literacy & IT Skilling, viz., computational thinking using algorithms / flowcharts, Mobile Application development, programming languages including C/C+
- Quarterly Teachers Training by experts and mentors
The program – Progress & Outcome
- 13,500 students are undergoing training since last 6 months. The training is preparing the students for experience focused STEM curriculum in state-of-the-art Labs, mainly to the socio-economically disadvantaged communities and religious minorities in the states of Karnataka, Goa and Gujarat.
- 63% of the students being girls.
- The program is inclusive also from a fact that nearly 5 of 16 schools are religious minority schools.
- SAP infused 16 teachers in 16 Atal Tinkering Labs.
- Summer TechFest: Unique value proposition of our intervention is to leverage the summer vacation to equip the students build prototype based on the skills acquired by them. 680+ students used the skills imparted to them to work on 4 different solutions: (1) smart city applications (2) Waste Management (3) Traffic Management – using IOT applications and programming languages
- In 2019, we will double the adoption of Tinkering Labs, with more than double of students will be trained compared to 2018
- The Initiative is SAP’s commitment towards building Intelligent Nation, through equipping youth with emerging skills & technology learning. The initiative fulfills the CSR mission of “Powering Opportunity through Digital Inclusion” while strengthening one of the strategic focuses of “Asia Soaring” strategy on building “Intelligent Nation