Different Item type mapping in EWM using different Plant
The aim of this blog is to explain how different Item types for the delivery in EWM can be mapped using unique Item Type in ERP system depending on the party entitled to dispose( Plant of ERP).
Also this functionality will facilitate to determine separate Warehouse Process types based upon different Party entitled to Dispose with unique ERP Item types. This enable business in preventing multiple ERP delivery type creation and Item types for Picking separate EWM item types and Warehouse process types.
There are 2 plants in ERP system and requirement is to determine Separate EWM Item type and separate Warehouse Process type from 2 different Party Entitled to Dispose.
For plant PL01 and Plant PL02 having Unique ERP delivery Doc type DOG and Item Type DOGN, EWM system should pick 2 different EWM item types ZOD1, ZOD2 and WPT 2010, Z201
Determination of Documents with Standard Logic
There is a Standard logic of determination of the document types in EWM for the ERP document type and the ERP document type for the EWM document type.
In IMG customizing, the activity of Mapping document type and item types is carried out.
Note: But this customizing table doesn’t incorporate Plant as a field and therefore this logic is unable to fetch the different EWM items type and Warehouse Process type for Unique ERP item type with separate Party entitled to dispose.
So, for 2 plants PL01 and PL02, system will always pick a Unique EWM Item type, ODLV.
To determine different the Item type in EWM, a separate logic must be implemented in the method DET_ITEMTYPE which must have Plant as a field in the logic.
The Badi /SCWM/ERP_INT_CONF uses the class /SCWM/CL_EX_ERP_INT_CONF_PLANT
This BAdI displays the document types and item types of the delivery during conversion between ERP delivery and EWM delivery. The DET_DOCTYPE and DET_ITEMTYPE methods (once for each item) are called in sequence during inbound processing of the ERP delivery into the EWM system, the DET_ERP_DLVTYPE method is used during replication of deliveries created in the EWM system into the ERP system
- This Badi creates a Separate table ZTMAPITMTYPPLANT.
- This separate table ZTMAPITMTYPPLANT, differs from the table /SCWM/TMAPITMTYP used in the default implementation and this Z Table has the additional key field PLANT (data element PLANT_D).
- When there is requirement to fetch different type in EWM based on ERP item type with separate Party entitled to dispose, this table ZTMAPITMTYPPLANT must be maintained instead of table /SCWM/TMAPITMTYP ( Map Item Types from ERP system to EWM)
- With the implementation of this Badi, it is possible to insert multiple Plants( Plant field), logical system( ERPBSKEY), differentiation Attributes( ITMMAPDIF) and document type(DOCTYPE)
In the above code, the sequence of the sort fields means the Prioritization is possible. So, a prioritization table can be achieved using the sequence of Sort fields.
If the table ZTMAPITMTYPPLANT is maintained in below sequence, then
- For Plant PL01 with ERP document type DOG and Item Type DOGN, separate EWM item type ZOD1 can be determined.
- For Plant PL02 with ERP document type DOG and Item type DOGN, separate EWM item type ZOD2 can be determined.
- With the determination of separate Item types in EWM depending on Plant, it opens the gate to have separate warehouse process types as well for 2 different plants.
This is really powerful badi which gives business flexibility for picking separate EWM item type and warehouse process type instead of a generic one.I would appreciate any suggestions or improvement required to make this blog more productive and useful.
Reference: 904190 – Example BAdI: Item type in EWM depending on plant.