SAP Smart Store – What is new with S/4HANA 2020?
In light of our continues commitment to improve in-store shopping experience and improve the employee productivity, we have enhanced our store solution to support In-store online order fulfillment, and store manager productivity. With the release of S/4HANA 2020 in October 2020, we offer now four new Fiori apps that are generally available today such as: The new apps includes:
- Process Picking Requests
- Hand Over Orders
- Maintain Picking Sequence
- My Store Overview (Store Manager)
Part 1: Overview presentation “New Fiori apps for In-Store Online fulfillment on S/4HANA 2020″
Part 2: Demo of the app for “Process Picking Requests”
Part 3: Demo of the app for “Hand Over Orders”
Part 4: Demo of the app for “Maintain Picking Sequence”
1) Fiori app for “Process picking requests”: This app helps store associates to pick products for online orders efficiently and make the order ready for the consumer to pick up. The assumption for this business process is that a consumer place an order on your website and selects a store for pickup. Once the order is placed, a picking list will be generated automatically and will be made available for the store associate via the Fiori app. The system might generate one single picking request for an order or multiple picking requests for the same order and that would be based on the product dimensions as are defined in your system for the product master data.
2) Fiori app for “Hand over orders”: The assumption for this part of the business process is that the consumer has received a pickup confirmation email with a barcode and comes into the store to the service desk to pick up the products. The customer service associate on the service desk, opens the Fiori app for hand over orders, identifies the customer by the name, phone number, or by scanning the barcode on the smartphone, verifies the order and the status, and hand over the products to consumer. Also, the associate would process any possible exceptions, such as cancel order, or process payment on the POS if required.
3) Fiori app for “Maintain picking sequence”. This app helps store managers to define a shorter picking walk path by rearranging the sequence of the merchandise hierarchies. The picking walk path that a picking associate takes is based on the sequence of the merchandise categories that are shown on the app for process picking requests. As shown on this screen, the picking associate would pick first the chicken, then the grapes, and then the milk. A store manager can use the app for “Maintain picking sequence” to define a shorter picking walk path by rearranging the existing sequence of the merchandise categories. In other words, the manager can use this app to change the walk path by downloading the merchandise categories in Excel, editing and uploading it. Then the walk path for the picking associate would change.
The business benefits of the apps include:
- Fulfill online orders efficiently
- Improve shopping experience
- Increase store traffic
Fiori app for Count Products with RFID: