This blog post provides an overview of innovations in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1905 for Asset Management. New Mass Time Confirmations capabilities, new SAP Fiori object pages for Maintenance Items and Maintenance Plans and cloud printing enhance the usability of Maintenance Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Another hot topic is the integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud Maintenance Management and Asset Central Foundation. Enjoy reading!
Mass Time Confirmations
With the Find Maintenance Order and Operation app you can list the orders and operations in your system. The Time Confirmations capabilities allow you to
- download a template to record collective time confirmations and
- upload collective time confirmations using a template.
On uploading the spreadsheet file, the system launches the Create Time Confirmations app where you can view the status of records after validation. This functionalitity enables the confirmation for multiple maintenance orders and multiple maintenance operations in one step. In comparison with the ordinary mass maintenance which allows you to update selected orders or operations with the same attribute value, the upload of collective time confirmations enables you to maintain order and operations specific confirmation details in a spreadsheet file and upload, validate and save these confirmations in one step.
Fig. 1: Download Template for Time Confirmations with SAP Fiori app ‘Find Maintenance Order and Operation’
Fig. 2: Upload Time Confirmations with SAP Fiori app ‘Find Maintenance Order and Operation’
New SAP Fiori app for maintenance items
With the new SAP Fiori object page Find Maintenance Items maintenance planners and maintenance technicians can find and display maintenance items using various search and filter criteria. You can view the details of a maintenance item and export the maintenance items as a spreadsheet. Quick views allow you to display details of related technical objects like maintenance plan and navigate to specific apps to perform additional tasks.
Fig. 3: New SAP Fiori app ‘Find Maintenance Items’ with navigation to maintenance item details view
New SAP Fiori app for maintenance plans
Also for maintenance plans the usabilty is enhanced. Similar to the app shown above, the new SAP Fiori object page Find Maintenance Plans enables maintenance planners and maintenance technicians to find and display maintenance plans using various search and filter criteria. You can view the details of a maintenance plan, export the selected maintenance plans as a spreadsheet and use quick views for displaying details of related technical objects and navigating to specific apps to perform additional tasks.
Fig. 4: New SAP Fiori app ‘Find Maintenance Plans’ with navigation to maintenance plan details view
Basic Cloud Printing in Asset Management
This feature enables cloud customers to view and print shop papers for maintenance orders on their local printers. If you have the role Maintenance Planner, you can use the apps Change Maintenance Order and Manage Orders and Notifications in Information Center to print shop papers along with attachments of the order. If you have the role Maintenance Technician, you can view and print shop papers for a selected job using SAP Cloud Print Manager. You can assign the job to a person.
The system has default rules for printing shop papers for maintenance orders in the Output Parameter Determination app. You can review the pre-configured rules and create new rules if required. For more information, see Output Management and read the blog post Cloud Print Manager – Installation and Configuration.
Integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud Maintenance Management and Asset Central Foundation
With the 1905 release SAP S/4HANA Cloud integrates with asset central foundation for key master data and organizational data that is required to run asset management processes for customer service in the following SAP Cloud Platform solutions:
- SAP Asset Intelligence Network
- SAP Predictive Maintenance and Service solution
- SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management application
These solutions enables you to
- manage asset information to support asset life cycle activities from planning to executing maintenance tasks and
- collaborate with external partners to resolve repetitive issues by selectively sharing information from maintenance-execution processes
The integration includes the following capabilities:
- Bi-directional synchronization of Equipment master header data between S/4HANA and asset central foundation
- Replication of Functional Location header data from S/4HANA to asset central foundation
- Replication of business partners of Organization Type for the roles Customer & Supplier from S/4HANA to asset central foundation
- Replication of sales organization data from S/4HANA to asset central foundation
Fig. 5: Integration between SAP S/4HANA Maintenance Management and Asset Central Foundation
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- Sven Denecken’s SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1905 Release Blog
- The Link Collection for Asset Management here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud User Community: register here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here