The SAP Landscape Transformation (SAP LT) Replication server is one of the tool provided by SAP for data migration. This tool can be used for real-time (and non-real-time) data replication sourcing from SAP ERP or non-SAP systems into S/4 HANA.
This is a trigger based replication, where DB triggers happen whenever there is data populated in the logging table (holds newly created data in source system).
This document will guide in troubleshooting the triggers and the process of loading in SLT and will further help in identifying the reason behind stuck triggers.
This document will help in exploring in depth behavior of SLT. This document is written in context where data is migrating from ECC to CFIN (Central Finance) via SLT.
Login to SLT System(Middleware) through SAP GUI.
- Execute program ‘IUUC_REPL_PREDEF_OBJECTS’ via transaction se38.
- Enter the MTID/Configuration number (three-digit number) for which data loading is stuck.
- Once you execute, below screen will appear
Here two objects are visible, ‘Initial Load Object’ and ‘Replication Object’. First one is for manual load and later one is for regular data replication. (We will troubleshoot load object)
In ‘Table Name’ section list of tables/objects can be seen for which loading/replication is happening from ECC to S/4 HANA.
- Check for ‘Load object state’ (it should be active).
- Hit the drop down button select ‘Active’.
- Go back and execute the program after above step.
*Now as Object state is active, we can go ahead with troubleshooting steps.
Go to standard transaction ‘MWB’ (Migration Workbench) below screen will appear.
Here Project, Subproject, Migration object will appear for the configuration/MTID (Here it is for ‘075’)
- Hit ‘Display’ button, below screen will appear.
- Check for status of conversion object, if it is not active (‘Red Color’) then Hit on ‘Generate Runtime Object’, below screen will appear
- First Perform DDIC Synchronization (Hit the button highlighted above). Once got the confirmation message then proceed with generating Runtime Object.
*Once Runtime Object Successfully generated, status of ‘Conversion Object’ will turn to Green Color (which was in Red Color earlier)
Now, we need to create the Access plan to load our document.
- Double click on the SNo 8. Edit access plan.
- In the ‘Edit access plan’ screen, Right click on standard Access Plan à Create Access Plan
- Now give the five-digit Access plan ID and description in the Administr. Tab.
- Next click on Static Delimitations Tab. And Click on ‘Display All Fields’ button.
- Which now will display all the fields of the table. Now double click on the Field which we need to add a filter. Click on Ok.
- Now the filter has been set as per our requirement. AWREF: ‘138332121’. Then click on Save.
- Then Right click on the Access plan ID (00004) -> Calculate Access Plan -> Start Calculation in Sender system.
- Once done there will be a Job released from the Sender system (Here, it is TST).
We can see the Job running with user ID S1D010_RPL.
- Once the Job is finished, go back to S1D system and Right click on Access plan ID (00004) -> Calculate Access Plan -> Import calculation from Sender.
- Once it is done, the Access plans will be activated and shown with green.
- Now go back and click on the source code of Function group.
- It will open the source code and there find for the Source (TST) and Target system(E2Q) name. And place the breakpoint on the below Call Functions.
- Now come back and double click on SNo 9. Start Conversion
- Enter the Access plan ID as ‘00004’. And give blank for Test mode. The click on Execute.
- After the Debugger has been started, Press F6 and complete the execution of the Call Function. Then check the data in internal table ‘_IT_IO_S_CFIN_AUSZ_CLR’.
- Now delete the unwanted entry from the Internal Table and Press F8 to execute the loading.
- After successful execution, open the Target system. Go to /AIF/ERR and check the loaded document.
Hence this way we can check in debug mode where exactly loading is getting stuck and what data is causing the error. Once diagnosed later same can be fixed.