How to Download a HANA Wrapper View
You can use the Replicate CDS Views app to replicate released CDS views from an SAP S/4HANA Cloud source system to an SAP Cloud Platform (SCP) target system.
This includes the underlying tables and data, and you can achieve seamless data replication to target SAP Cloud Platform systems. It also provides replication logs to analyze your replications.
With the SAP S/4HANA CE 1905 release, you can also download the HANA Wrapper view definition of the CDS Views using this app.
In this blog, we will show you step by step how to download the HANA Wrapper definition of CDS views:
- Open launchpad and select group CDS View Replication. Then, select the Replicate CDS View tile.
- Next, select all the CDS views for which you need to download the HANA Wrapper View definition.
- Next, choose Download ABAP CDS View Info.
- Next, choose HANA CDS Wrapper View. A pop-up window will appear.
- Enter the required details and choose the Download button.
- A zip file is downloaded to your local machine.
- The downloaded ZIP file contains 3 folders: HDBCDS (wrapper definition), HDBSYNONYM and HDBSYNONYMCONFIG. Each folder contains HANA Wrapper View Definition files, synonym files and synonym configuration files.
Result: You can now deploy HANA Wrapper Views to the HANA database.
Note: For the deployment HANA Wrapper Views to HANA DB, please refer to this blog.