SAP S/4HANA1809 – Group Reporting… some basics
Group Reporting Deployment Options
- On Premise
- Private Cloud
- Single Tenant Edition Cloud
- Multitenant Public Cloud
Master Data like Profit Centres, Cost Centres etc can be shared between the consolidation solution and the code S/4HANA and on top of that the consolidation ONLY master data can be defined which helps in avoiding the objects sharing with core S/4HANA (in case not needed). Any such data can be uploaded from predefined Excel templates based on type of master data
- All functionalities are accessible via Fiori launchpad and also through GUI (but it may not work completely.
- Configuration has a separate node in SPRO > IMG
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud for group reporting – In this version, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application can be deployed in a public cloud (multi-tenant edition), and a subscription-based service was released with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1705.
- SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting – The on-premise version of group reporting was released in September 2018 as a part of SAP S/4HANA 1809. This version can be deployed not only on-premise, but also in a private cloud or in a single-tenant edition
Supports Continuous Accounting
SAP S/4HANA Group Reporting supports continuous accounting. In traditional world some activities were dependent on period end closing. But now those are shifted early in terms of tmings like Intercompany reconciliations or validations. The reporting timings is minimized like previously it was +10 days for final reporting now it may be +5 or so
Key tables in use
- Table ACDOCA (Universal Journal Entry Line Items) – We all know this so i will not explain this.
- Table ACDOCU (Universal Consolidation Journal Entries) – This table contains all records created by the consolidation application (including consolidated results) plus data from non-SAP S/4HANA consolidated entities (i.e., data collected from external systems/sources).
- Table ACDOCP (Plan Data Line Items) – This table contains the plan and forecast data of SAP S/4HANA entities and serves as the source of data for the consolidation of planned data. Data can originate from various sources (e.g., SAP Analytics Cloud or SAP BPC optimized for SAP S/4HANA) or uploaded from files.
More to come in this space soon….
in the project of group reporting where I am part we need to connect it to sap ecc 6.0 the recommendation would be to follow with the bapi that extracts the account balance?
Your source system is ECC6.0 ? and you re trying to get account balances to S4H Group Reporting please?
If you re not on S4H OP 1809 then
You can use S4H Cloud to load data via Data Collection Apps
Manually you can upload a file into S4H Cloud
S/4 HANA Group reporting works from 1809 onwards only. You can not use group reporting form ECC.
Good Day. Did any of you guys had a chance to release profit center data to Consolidation Units ( as part of Profit Center Consolidation ) ?
If so, may I know how did you achieve that? Thank you.
PS: I've got an idea that profit center consolidation is a standard functionality in 1905 and 1909. But at the moment we have 1809 and we would like to implement the functionality of Profit Center Consolidation here.
With Warm Regards,
As far as my knowledge goes PC based Consolidation is possible on S4H1909(OP) and S4H1905/1908.(Cloud)
I do not believe that you can do PC based Consolidation in 1809 due to You have Only ONE DIMENSION which is " Company" .Hence it is only for Company Consolidation
Since PC based is Management Reporting from your point of view(I guess), you can do still but not 100 % accurately you can generate Profit Center (PC) Consolidation(in 1809).
Hope this will help you
I am happy to inform you that S4H 1909 OP has PC/SEGMENT/Business Area Consolidation which is available from S4H 1909
It is still One Dimension - Company
Regarding Master Data: is the consolidation ONLY master data available for reclassification rule in S4 Group Reporting?
I need to create a new Master Data exclusive to consolidation process and I would like to set up a reclassification rule using it.