Group Reporting Deployment Options
- On Premise
- Private Cloud
- Single Tenant Edition Cloud
- Multitenant Public Cloud
Master Data like Profit Centres, Cost Centres etc can be shared between the consolidation solution and the code S/4HANA and on top of that the consolidation ONLY master data can be defined which helps in avoiding the objects sharing with core S/4HANA (in case not needed). Any such data can be uploaded from predefined Excel templates based on type of master data
- All functionalities are accessible via Fiori launchpad and also through GUI (but it may not work completely.
- Configuration has a separate node in SPRO > IMG
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud for group reporting – In this version, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application can be deployed in a public cloud (multi-tenant edition), and a subscription-based service was released with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1705.
- SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting – The on-premise version of group reporting was released in September 2018 as a part of SAP S/4HANA 1809. This version can be deployed not only on-premise, but also in a private cloud or in a single-tenant edition
Supports Continuous Accounting
SAP S/4HANA Group Reporting supports continuous accounting. In traditional world some activities were dependent on period end closing. But now those are shifted early in terms of tmings like Intercompany reconciliations or validations. The reporting timings is minimized like previously it was +10 days for final reporting now it may be +5 or so
Key tables in use
- Table ACDOCA (Universal Journal Entry Line Items) – We all know this so i will not explain this.
- Table ACDOCU (Universal Consolidation Journal Entries) – This table contains all records created by the consolidation application (including consolidated results) plus data from non-SAP S/4HANA consolidated entities (i.e., data collected from external systems/sources).
- Table ACDOCP (Plan Data Line Items) – This table contains the plan and forecast data of SAP S/4HANA entities and serves as the source of data for the consolidation of planned data. Data can originate from various sources (e.g., SAP Analytics Cloud or SAP BPC optimized for SAP S/4HANA) or uploaded from files.
More to come in this space soon….