Theodore Levitt, an American economist and Harvard Business Professor, famously said, “People don’t want to buy a quarter-inch drill. They want a quarter-inch hole!” This is the essence of the outcome economy and the direction the high tech industry is headed. Much like Uber and Lyft provide a quick trip to your destination, instead of a car, and HP offers printing services, instead of selling printers, customers and consumers are looking to purchase measurable outcomes and not just products. As customers look to save time and money, high tech manufacturers will need to shift their business models in order to provide value to their customers in new ways.
But before manufacturers can provide outcomes, they will need to know what the customer actually wants. This will require them to possess and effectively manage the data that provides insights into the customer, as well as have the technologies in place to support this data management. The intelligent enterprise is the framework needed to enable high tech manufacturers to do so and thrive in the outcome economy.
The intelligent enterprise is a set of integrated business applications that use intelligent technologies like analytics, blockchain, and simulation, to support next-gen business processes that focus on meeting the needs of the customer. SAP’s Digital Core is the platform that enables the integration and the flow of data across the organization. The intelligent enterprise will not only allow high tech companies to subscribe to outcomes, but it will connect the value chain from end to end– enabling a trusted supply network, supporting digital smart products, and achieving greater customer intimacy.
Pursuing the intelligent enterprise may seem like a challenging feat, but at SAPPHIRE NOW 2019, SAP will help you begin to envision next steps for your digital journey by making the intelligent enterprise more tangible. You will not want to miss the chance to hear industry leaders share their stories about their path to the intelligent enterprise. You also do not want to miss the “3D Printing for the Outcome Economy” showcase where visitors can explore how printing parts on demand can elevate customer experience and transform business models. Other high tech sessions not to be missed include:
- Transform Manufacturing from Producing Products to Providing Solutions (Sandvik Coromant–Session ID: DS90688)
- Transform Manufacturers and Service Providers to Solution Businesses (Daimler –Session ID BR89664)
- Monetize New Business Models with Optimal Entitlement Management(Session ID: IN86291)
- Make Your Move to SAP S/4HANA with the Latest Strategies and Tools (SK Hynix–Session ID: DI86093)
- Embark on a Path to Transform Your Supply Chain with Insights from HP (HP Inc. –Session ID: DS91096)
- Examine How Varian Optimizes Its Global Trade Business Beset by Tariffs
- (Varian Medical–Session ID: PL86537)
- Safeguard Your Manufacturing Value Chain with Blockchain (Session ID: DS86397)
- Intelligent Demand-Driven Supply Chain(Session ID: Microsoft–ASUG82629)
- New Product Costing – SAP Product Lifecycle Costing Goes Cloud(Session ID: ASUG82531)
Register now and join us May 7-9 in Orlando, Florida to find out how your high tech business can unlock new value with the intelligent enterprise. Don’t wait to get started on your high tech agenda today!