FAQs around Global Assignment in SuccessFactors Employee Central
1. Is GA in SuccessFactors Employee Central similar to what we have in SAP ECC?
There is no one to one comparison in terms of the configuration because SAP has given SuccessFactors to make processes more simple. SuccessFactors is not copy or continuation of SAP ECC. In terms of concept the GA is still the same. Employee has 2 assignments one known as Home and another as Host. Both are tied to each other via Central person in SAP ECC and Person id in SuccessFactors Employee Central. In SAP ECC we have 2 PERNRS and in SuccessFactors Employee Central we have 2 Userids one for home employment and second for host employment.
2. Can I create 2 Global Assignments for employee?
Yes you can but that should not overlap with already active GA. For example if emloyee is already on GA today with end date as 1 June 2019 then future GA can be created after this date. New GA can begin only after active GA has ended. Option to create GA will only appear on home record. Host record will have options to perform on host record as shown below.
If you try to create an overlapping GA you will get an error as shown below –
3. Is the future GA displayed in employee profile or it’s displayed only when it becomes active?
Yes it is displayed as shown below (Future Assignment)
4. Can I create more than 2 Global Assignments for the employee?
Yes although this doesn’t sound real. In this case you may not see all GA records on main screen. There will be a hyperlink ‘More’ to display all assignments of the employee.
5. Can I delete a GA record?
Yes, when you click manage GA details you see the delete option.
6. Does the dormant status of employee in home record means inactive?
Making the home employment as ‘dormant’ will not inactivate it, that is it will continue to remain active. Home employment is marked dormant to indicate employee is away.
7. Can I perform actions/events on the home record which becomes dormant?
Yes you can. As you know the employee status is derived from event reason so you may not want the dormant status to become active when you execute an event on employee. To avoid that please refer this blog which gives you a workaround.
8. Does the username takes next number after ‘-‘ if when employee again goes on GA?
Yes if employee goes on GA for second time then username will become username-2. Similarly -3, -4 and so on for next GA.
9. Can I change the GA start date?
Yes. In employee profile, under Actions click ‘Manage GA details’ On next screen click edit and make the changes. Please note that start date in other portlets like Compensation information will still remain the same. You have to change the start data manually in other portlets. This is a standard behaviour.
10. Is creating GA like a hire event where all portlets need to be maintained?
No, Only Employment data is created along with user account. Personal information and Employee Profile Data is available for Home Account which means both home and host record will share these portlet data.
11. Can I add address for the host record?
You can only have one address type i.e. either for home or host record. SAP has given employment specific address for employee on GA. This is only available for the host assignment record of the employee. Please refer this for more information.
12. Can I add portlets to the Add Global Assignment UI?
No, it is standard as of now and you cannot add portlets to this.
13. Can an emloyee be on GA and have Concurrent employment at the same time?
No it is not possible in SuccessFactors Employee Central.
14. Can I configure alerts and notifications for Global assignments which are expiring?
Yes Alerts and notifications are set up for workflows for global assignments to remind users to take certain actions.
15. Can an employee create performance goals in both home and host records?
Yes As home and host have different userids you can launch the forms based on home, host or both.