Implementation of Workflow in SAP Cloud Platform with back-end as S/4Hana On-premise leveraging Odata, Gateway, Cloud Connector, API management and SCP Workflow Service
In this blog we will see, how can we implement Workflow in SAP Cloud Platform with back-end as S/4 Hana On Premise leveraging On-premise Gateway, Cloud connector and SAP API management – Real time scenario.
In a Hybrid cloud scenario, private data are stored in On-premise system. This is most popular architecture now-a-days for SAP cloud implementation.
In this blog we are taking one of the most used scenario in Work Order management in ISU operation.
The below is the operation flow.
- Work Order will create in OnPremise System.
- It will Approved or Reject in SAP Cloud Platform using My Inbox Fiori APP.
- If Approved Work Order will automatically released.
Tool and Services used-
- SAP Odata on Hana On-premise System
- SAP Gateway on Hana On-premise System
- Cloud Connector to connect Hana On-premise with SAP Cloud Platform
- SAP API Management on SAP Cloud Platform
- SAP Workflow on SAP Cloud Platform
- SAP Fiori on SAP Cloud Platform
- Create a Gateway service in OnPremise system and activated it.
2. In SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector integrated .
3. Create an API with Odata of On-premise .
4. Now create a Workflow in SCP.
For GetWorkOrder consume the API with GET operation.
For WorkOrderRelease assign the user for taking decision.
For UpdateWorkOrder use the API with Put operation.
Please Note: In this scenario we take help of API Management to create micro-service. But without API we can also directly consume Odata service using Odata Provisioning in SCP. But using a API there are lots of advantage of micro-services.
- Create a Work Order in On-Premise System.
2. Now the work Order have only CRTD Status , not have REL status.
3. Now in SAP Cloud Platform, we can see a New workflow instance for Work Order Release workflow running.
4. In the Fiori My Inbox app on SAP cloud Platform, user got item to take action : Approve or Reject.
5. After Approval, workflow got completed.
6. Work Order in On-Premises system changed to REL status .
Your requirement fulfilled.
Summary: Though it is quiet complex development architecture, but its have lots of flexibility, Error handling tool, Policies for thread protection, cyber attack of API are added advantage.
Have a great day.