1902-Enable Self-Service Features in SuccessFactors Reporting
As customers implement more modules and associated features, the Report Administrators have increased need for self-service tools to support their end customers. There are two ways in which SAP SuccessFactors is continuing to enable more self-service for Reporting Admins to support their end users:
- Making feature adoption easy through the Admin Center /Upgrade Center
- Creating validations in the configuration check tools that helps identify the root cause of an issue easily
This blog provides an overview of the 4 key changes that are coming through Admin Center and Configuration Check Tools for SAP SuccessFactors Reporting with Q1 2019.
In this release, the following changes have been made to reduce a Reporting Administrator’s dependency on Customer Support or Partners:
- Enable ORD with Live Data from Upgrade: Users can now enable the “Online Report Designer” tool and the “Advanced Reporting” tool in their instance using the “Admin Center > Upgrade Center” page. This upgrade will take about 60 minutes to complete. If the user wants to reverse the upgrade, one can do so by clicking on Undo from Recently Completed Upgrades listing
- Enable Advanced Reporting from Admin Tools: Users can now enable the “Online Report Designer” tool and the “Advanced Reporting” tool in your instance using the “Admin Center > Upgrade Center” page. Customers should be on HANA for this upgrade to be enabled. This upgrade will take about 120 minutes to complete. If the user wants to reverse the upgrade, one can do so by clicking on Undo from Recently Completed Upgrades listing.
|Important: The last step in the process is permissions assignment. For both upgrades, additional BizX permissions will need to be granted. Please refer to our guide on Permissions in Reporting here and here.|
Configuration Check Tool
In this release two new checks have been added to the Check Tool
- The first check, “Permissions and settings related to workflows have been set up correctly for Analytics“, validates whether the selected user has permissions to view workflows data in a report
- The second check, “The MDF object used in Reporting respects Role-based Permission“, helps you check the security of the selected MDF object. If the MDF object is secure, its data access is managed through the role-based permissions. If a custom MDF object is not secure, the data the object retrieves in the report does not respect the target population of the user generating the report, and it displays data for the entire population. So, this check helps you identify the root cause of data discrepancies users might encounter in MDF-based reports
At the end of the check, if the tool returns an error, it also proposes a solution to fix the issue causing the error, or to prevent the issue from occurring again.
With these four self service enhancements, Reporting Administrators can now support their end users efficiently and effectively.