Here is my submission for SAP Cloud Platform Portal Developer Challenge 2018-2019.
What is LaunchPoint?
LaunchPoint is an SAP Fiori Launchpad Plugin application which uses SAP Fiori Applications as slides to create a live Presentation. It is made up of two applications.
- SAP Fiori Launchpad Plugin
- LaunchPoint bar on Launchpad
- SAPUI5 Master-Details application
- Application to view the Slides in a Presentation
- LaunchPoint can be used to create online presentations in SAP Fiori Launchpad.
- It can also be utilized for quick marking on apps and download images which can be used in your offline Presentation. (Data from live apps)
- It can also be used for UAT scenarios where end user can point out problems in the apps and generate a document out of it. (Futuristic)
- It can also be used to read the application performance. (Futuristic)
- It can also be used to know the user’s behavior on Launchpad. (Futuristic)
Tools Available in LaunchPoint:
- Marker – Draw lines
- Eraser – Remove lines
- Colour Palette – Colour Selection
- Size – Change the size of Marker and Eraser
- Clear Screen – Clear whole screen
- Download – Download current screen view as an image
- Add Image – Add current screen view as a static image in LaunchPoint Presentation
- Add URL – Add current screen view as a live window in LaunchPoint Presentation
- Help – Help Menu
LaunchPoint Presentation is an SAPUI5 application running under same Launchpad where LaunchPoint Plugin is deployed. It is used to view the list of the presentations created by User. Saved presentation can be previewed as a Slideshow.
The LaunchPoint allows user to add current screen in two ways, As an Image and as an URL. Once saved as an Image, Presentation application will display a Static Image in slide. Once saved as an URL, Presentation application will load a page inside the slide, which will show the live data in the presentation.
How it Works?
Step 1: Register the Plugin application on SAP Fiori Launchpad as a Shell Plugin.
Step 2: Register the Presentation application on SAP Fiori Launchpad as a SAPUI5 application.
Step 3: Go to Launchpad.
Step 4: See the LaunchPoint bar on the top.
Step 5: Click on the button to activate the Plugin.
Step 6: Plugin Activated and Marker is selected.
Step 7: Open any application on launchpad and mark something.
Step 8: Add current screen as an Image to the slide. The action will add a slide to the selected Presentation. If no presentation is created it will ask to create a new one.
Step 9: Add current screen as an URL in the presentation. This time I will add a screen with chart
LaunchPoint uses indexedDB to store the presentation data. It can be run with Odata services to store the data on Database.
Till Now we have added two Screens, an Image and an URL.
Now let’s see the presentation.
Step 10: Run the Presentation Application
Step 11: Run the Slide Show.
Step 12: See the slides
First Slide with Static Image
Second Slide with Live URL
Step 13: Full Screen Mode
Step 14: Download Current Screen as an Image