SAP Best Practice implementation for 3 countries in one Client — SAP S/4 HANA 1809 FPS 01
I am writing this blog to give a detailed procedure on how to implement the various SAP Best Practices available. The Idea here is to utilize a single client to implement the multiple Best Practices like USA, UK, and DE. By Using this blog SAP Administrator can be able to implement the Best Practices required in implementation.
NOTE 1: In this blog client 100 is setup as Best Practice client. And all the activities are performed on Best Practice client S/4HANA 1809 FPS1 with embedded Gateway. We have activated the USA, UK and DE Best Practice on this client
NOTE 2: If you are using SAPGUI version 7.50 for Best practices activation purpose, you need to deselect “Accept SAP Fiori visual Theme”. Once the Best practices activation is completed, you can activate the SAP Fiori visual theme back. The settings are shown below
Step By Step Procedure with Screen shots.
- Step 1 –> Login to system(S4) in client 000 and apply the following notes according to central note 2690500:
- Step 2 –> Activate the following business function in client 000.
Use TCode SFW5 for content activation and activate the below mentioned Business function in background mode. Reference screens are attached
- Step 3 –> SAP Best Practice Client Setup
First create an entry in SCC4 for new SAP Best Practice client. 100 in our case. Make sure to make all settings as shown in screen shot.
Note – Leave the Currency Field empty as shown in figure.
NOTE — In Order to create a SAP best Practice client, Client entry should be created in table /FTI/T_NOCLN000. It will mark this client as best practice client with tables white listed in table /FTI/TWHITEL01
Then check the entries in table /FTI/TWHITEL01 as per below screen using se16 Tcode.
Then Login to newly created client 100 and use Tcode SCCL to initiate the client copy. You can use the following profiles profile SAP_UCUS, SAP_CUST, SAP_CUSV or SAP_UCSV as per the Admin Guide, but in our case we have to use SAP_CUSV as SAP_CUST did not allowed us to create a user.
Enter Tcode SCCL and perform client copy as shown below
- Step 4 –> Next step is to Download the SAP best practice content(Transports) from URL provided in S-note 2690500 and Then extract data file and cofile in trans folder as shown in figure.
Then add the Transport to Queue of the system and initiate the import as shown below
- Step 5 –> Change SAP Profile parameters as below and restart SAP:
abap/heap_area_dia = 6442450944
sapgui/user_scripting = TRUE
- Step 6 –> Define Solution for Each country ,As our initial setup is completed so in order to implement the 3 different countries Best practice , first we need to define our solutions, one for each country.
Use Tcode /N/SMB/BBI to create the solutions as shown below and load the solution from reference content
Select the highlighted content for USA(USV5)
Then again load the installation data from reference content,
Select the OP installation ZIP file
Then copy this standard solution to your own Z solution “Z_MYSOLUTION_US” as shown below using copy solution as shown below
Check the solution by editing and deselect the scope if you do not want to include any. In our case we have not included the below three scopes. As shown below
31G – Chemical Compliance Approval for Purchased Material and Supplier
31H – Assess Marketability of a Product
31J – Chemical Compliance in Sales
- Step 7 –> Make the entry of this newly created solution scope in TCode – /n/SMB/SCOPE as shown below
- Step 8 –> Perform all the steps needed for Pre-activation settings for EWM scope items as per Admin Guide 188.8.131.52 as per the admin guide in the link pages 53-63 as below
So As per first step — > Create an RFC connection as shown below pointing to same host and SID on which we are activating the best practice. And with same settings shown in screen shot below
For second step –> Create an Entry in BD58 for dummy Logical system as shown below. Example <SID>EWM<CLIENT>
Determine RFC destination for methods call à Start transaction BD97 or in the IMG, choose SAP NetWeaver Application Server IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) Communication Determine RFC Destinations for Method Calls
In the Assign RFC Destinations for Synchronous Method Calls dialog box, in the RFC destination for BAPI calls field, enter the RFC destination of the SAP S/4HANA EWM system (in capital letters or use the value help).
Determining RFC destinations for method calls from SAP S/4HANA EWMà Use Tcode SA38 and execute program /SCWM/R_ERP_RFC_DEST
Then pass the RFC Name created earlier as shown below
Defining queue for transfer to SAP S/4HANA EWM — > On the New Entries: overview of Added Entries screen, make the following entries:
Receiver — EWM logical system, for example, RSKEWM079
Queue Type — Inbound queue
Agg SQueue — No Aggregation
MQueue Act — Mass Queue disabled (=> Single Queues)
MQueue Par — 1
Setting the QOUT scheduler –> Start transaction SMQS and maintain the entries shown below
Define the business system from path as shown below
Make the entries as per screen shot below
Define Own Business Systemà Start transaction SPRO and in the IMG, choose SCM Extended Warehouse Management Extended Warehouse Management Interfaces ERP Integration General Settings Define Own Business System. And create a new entry
Maintain Business System Group à Start transaction SPRO and in the IMG, choose SCM Extended Warehouse Management SCM Basis Integration Basic Settings for Creating the System Landscape Maintain Business System Group.:
Make entries as below
Assign logical system and Queue Type — > Start transaction SPRO and in the IMG, choose SCM Extended Warehouse Management SCM Basis Integration Basic Settings for Creating the System Landscape Assign Logical System and Queue Type.As shown below
Setting Control for RFC à Start transaction SPRO and in the IMG, choose SCM Extended Warehouse Management Extended Warehouse Management Interfaces ERP Integration General Settings Control for RFC Queue.
Then make entries as shown below
Now EWM pre-activation are completed here,and You can check the default currency for solution by checking in tCode /N/SMB/CD_MAINT as shown below and change if you need.
- Step 9 –> Start Activation of US Best practice Then Go to Tcode /n/SMB/BBI and go to Solution Builder. Select the Solution and click on Implementation Assistant and Click on button Activate.
It will populate the below screen just click on green right mark and proceed to activate the first solution USA.
Errors during activation and resolution — >
- You may get an error at Planning > SMB99/FCO_COPA_ERKRS_TR_CREATE . This error is due to misconfiguration of STMS. So we rectified the error and proceed again to start the clicking the activation.
- Second Error — Next error is at as shown below
No Action is done here, we again restarted the activation and proceed, it will proceed ahead.
Next error is at building block J48(XX) –> Activate asset accounting, but we just skip this error by click the right green mark as shown below.
Again Skip the next screen as shown below
- Next error is at shown below
No action required here just Log Off and Log in Again and start the activation again and
As you can see Solution Z_MY_SOLUTION_US is completed activation.
- Step 10 –> Best Practice content activation UK(BP Activation of GBV5)
Start transaction /N/SMB/BBI and import the solution similar to step 6 and below screen shot
Copy the solution to Z_MY_SOLUTION_UK as shown below
- Step 11 –> Then in parallel we can import the solution of Germany as shown below(DE content import)
- Step 12 –>Now in order implement the UK and DE Best practice Apply note 2723501 and check if it is applicable or not
- Step 13 –> Then run the below mentioned report as shown below
- Step 14 –>Add the newly creates solution to Scope using transaction /n/smb/scope
- Step 15 –> Then go to implementation assistant and click on activate by selecting the UK solution
Errors During UK Best Practice Content Activation
- Activation will stop at
Check the details of error and we found the object is locked by user. So we logged off and Login
So we log off and log in Again and continue the activation and as you can see in below screen, UK best practice is activated successfully.
- Step 16 –> SAP Best Practice DE activatation — Now again go to implementation assistant and select the Z_MY_SOLUTION_DE and click on activate as shown below.
Activation may stop at
Log off and log in again and continue the activation. but
Activation stopped at error again as shown below
Check the error in detail as shown below and found that Authorization group is not assigned. So we follow the steps as mentioned below to create Identification types and assigned the category ID to it.
Then maintain the AuthGroup ALL as shown below and continue again
Activation stops again at same point with different error for missing entries, check logs as shown below
In order to rectify this error, Go to the below mentioned IMG SPRO path
First Maintain the specification category SUBSTANCE as shown below for Authorization group ALL
Then go to check identification type”NAM” as shown below
Maintain the entry SUBSTANCE as shown below
Create a new specification type “SYN” as shown below. Click checkbox NamTyp LandDep and Description as Synonym
Make an entry “SUBSTANCE” under SYN specification type
Now go to Identification Category NUM as shown below and create a specification type “CAS”
Make entry as shown below in the screenshot
Make an entry “SUBSTANCE” under CAS and SLSID specification type as shown below
Then Again continue to start activating the DE Best Practice and as you can see from below screenshot it is successfully activated.
- STEP — >17 POST ACTIVATION –
Please follow the procedure as described in Admin Guide section 3.5 Executing manual rework activities.
In the end, we can say that it was a quite complex but streamlined process to implement the Best Practices. You can now see all three solutions activated as shown below in the screenshot.