How to use Expert Chat for your technical issues? Try this live support channel and solve your incident or technical problem nearly 2x faster!
If you need immediate Support help, Expert Chat connects you with an SAP support experts, supporting a wide range of SAP .
Why should you use Expert Chat?
- For high or medium priority issues, Expert Chat offers you to clarify your questions within a chat, before filing an incident.
- In many cases, Expert Chat helps you to solve your technical problems more shorter compared to the incident workflow.
What are the major features of SAP’s Expert Chat?
- Read-only screen-sharing option for a clear understanding of your workflow.
- Bi-directional attachment exchange.
- In case of technical issues, SAP support expert always creates an incident for you to document the real-time interaction including conversation text as well as attachments.
What are your benefits using SAP’s Expert Chat?
- Your technical problem gets significantly faster resolved compared to traditional SAP support channels.
- By this real-time interaction you can connect with the same technical expert as in incidents.
- If your technical problem requires deep analysis, the SAP support expert will create a perfect incident for you during your session.
Before you get started:
- If you would like to use Expert Chat, you may want to make yourself familiar with the following information:
the link “https://support.sap.com/en/my-support/product-support.html” describes the offering of SAP product support channels.
- You may also check the Knowledge Base Article 2392095, which describes the technical requirements for an Expert Chat session including requirements for screen-sharing.
- To learn more about SAP’s first live channel and details on how to use Expert Chat, you may also read SAP Knowledge Base Article 2213344.
How to start your chat with an SAP product support expert?
The easiest way to start Expert Chat is to first access SAP ONE Support Launchpad via the following link https://launchpad.support.sap.com/ and at the Solutions/Incidents block you click the Expert Chat tile.
Expert Chat option is also built into the incident wizard, as well as the SAP Knowledge base search.
To connect with the right product support expert, now select “New Incident (unreported issue) – (1).
- If you have a query on your existing SAP support case or support incident, you need to select “Existing Incident”. If you are facing a challenge with a non-SAP product related topic, like questions regarding your S-user, you should contact SAP’s Customer Interaction Center.
SAP product support requires 3 key information about your technical problem before starting a chat:
- Product Area / Expert Area where you are facing problems
- System is affected
- Technical problem
The 3 steps and details in a workflow:
- Select the product area / expert area.Then information will be displayed about the Expert Chat availability.Please note:
If you do not find your product or product area in the list of expert areas, you need to turn to the regular incident channel, since Expert Chat is not yet available for this specific area.
- Select the system you are facing the technical challenge with.
- Finally, provide the details of the technical problem and click the “Start Expert Chat” button.The button will only be displayed, if an expert is available to reply to your request. In case all experts for your specific area are currently busy, either try again shortly after, or start a traditional incident.
If you would like to know, what an Expert Chat session looks, you may also watch this video:
In case you would like to join a live presentation and discuss the benefits of Expert Chat with me, please join our free live webinar on how to chat with an expert on April 04, 2019 at the following link: https://webinars.sap.com/sap-user-groups-k4u/en/ccoe#190404