Digitization and increasing consumer expectations are dynamically disrupting the utilities market. To stay current in the industry, utilities must not only proactively predict customers’ needs and reach out to them with relevant offers and products but also precisely target them for marketing campaigns and communications.
The integration of the SAP S/4HANA Utilities solution with the SAP Marketing Cloud solution aims to facilitate these processes. Using the SAP S/4HANA Utilities integration with SAP Marketing Cloud, you can replicate your IS‑U data to SAP Marketing Cloud and thereby leverage the tools that are offered by SAP Marketing Cloud, such as the Segmentation application. This integration is done through the replication of your IS‑U data.
Data Replication from S/4HANA Utilities to SAP Marketing Cloud
The above diagram illustrates the replication process. Beginning in SAP S/4HANA Utilities, utilities-specific data is replicated to the SAP Cloud Platform Integration service by way of SOAP services. This data is then mapped, by dedicated integration flows in SAP Cloud Platform Integration, to the data models that are exposed by SAP Marketing Cloud. To complete the data replication, the mapped data is replicated to SAP Marketing Cloud by way of an OData service.
As of the SAP S/4HANA 1809 FPS2 release of the SAP S/4HANA Utilities integration with SAP Marketing Cloud, your SAP S/4HANA Utilities data is mapped to SAP Marketing Cloud as follows:
Data Mapping from SAP S/4HANA Utilities to SAP Marketing Cloud
For more information about why you should integrate SAP S/4HANA Utilities with SAP Marketing Cloud, you can read about how utilities can leverage the Segmentation application to identify target groups and how utilities can enrich their SAP S/4HANA integration with SAP Marketing Cloud by using custom fields.
You can get started with this integration by visiting SAP S/4HANA Utilities Integration with SAP Marketing Cloud on SAP API Business Hub, and you can read detailed technical information about this integration by accessing the following documents on SAP Help Portal:
- SAP S/4HANA 1809 FPS2 Feature Scope Description – 126.96.36.199.1.3. Integration with a Marketing System (page 449)
- What’s New in SAP S/4HANA 1809 FPS2 – 188.8.131.52 SAP S/4HANA Utilities Integration with SAP Marketing Cloud (pages 138–141)
- Product Assistance for the SAP S/4HANA Utilities integration with SAP Marketing Cloud
- Integration Guide for the SAP S/4HANA Utilities integration with SAP Marketing Cloud
- Security Guide for SAP S/4HANA 1809 FPS2 – 184.108.40.206.7 SAP S/4HANA Utilities Integration with SAP Marketing Cloud (pages 612–614)