Live support channels – How to “Schedule an Expert” in a live session for your SAP solution
Our live support channel Schedule an Expert helps you to reduce ping-pong and save time on technical issues for new incidents and for open incidents. If you want to try the service and book an appointment with an engineer and discuss new or open incidents and technical issues you can easily access the service via SAP’s support portal or directly via your SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
You may also access the service from https://support.sap.com
By clicking either on the Schedule an Expert tile in Launchpad or Schedule an Expert button in the support portal, you can
- reach an overview page where you can book a Schedule an Expert session
- look into details of the already booked appointments
- browse for info in the already happened appointments and
- seek for information about this SAP Product Support offering by reading the FAQ.
Follow the instructions to book a skype session with an expert:
- At first, please summarize the topic about which you would like to talk live with a product support engineer in the Skype session.
- Proceed to step 2 and select for which of your systems the topic of the Skype meeting would be relevant:
- Now you can select to which SAP topic area / component the requested topic belongs. You can double check the topic area – component mapping by switching between “Expert area” and “Component” tabs.
- At step 4, you can select the day and the 30 minutes time-slot that fits to your schedule and that also matches with the availability of the product support engineer for the specific component which you selected before. In our example, it is the 26th of March, 10:30 CET. Please be aware of our 3 business days lead time to enable the product support engineer to get prepared for the Skype session with you, based on the information you provide him in the next steps.
It is recommended to double-check which time-zone is set in your S-user profile. If the time-zone does not match with your actual time-zone, please adjust with the Edit button.
- At step 5, there is the chance to elaborate the requested topic and attach documents, e.g. with screenshots illustrating
- what steps were followed
- what type of SAP documentations were checked
- where the product support engineer can investigate the reported case in your system.
This is also the place where you can adjust the details of your contact information, if necessary. Correct contact data is very important, since you will receive the Skype meeting link for your session via the e-mail address provided in here. Also, the product support engineer may want to call you prior to your call, to clarify details of the appointment.
- After reviewing the details of the booking of this Schedule an Expert, you can submit the appointment request. After submission, a confirmation dialog appears, where you can you can copy the .ICS calendar file to your calendar to block your time for this appointment.
Please note: you can edit any of the booking details even in the review page, adding more information that can help the product support engineer to get well prepared for the call.
After submission, an e-mail notification will be sent to the e-mail address that is given during the booking process, where all the details of the Schedule an Expert appointment will be summarized.
You can find the previously mentioned .ICS calendar file here
- the date and time of the appointment
- the link to the SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- the link to the incident which is created for this Schedule an Expert appointment.
Once the assigned product support engineer generates the Skype meeting link for the appointment, you can expect to receive this link via the same notification e-mail.
In case, questions arise as the time of the Schedule an Expert session comes, you may find some helpful information in KBA 2651981 – Schedule an Expert – Frequently Asked Questions – SAP Product Support
Additional information about Schedule an Expert:
The number of SAP solutions being supported by this service continuously grows.
Schedule an Expert is only available for products listed in the document: View product areas that currently offer Schedule an Expert.
If you choose one of these product areas to schedule a session and then reference a different product area that is not in the list, the session will be converted to a regular written incident.
Schedule an Expert lets you connect one-on-one with SAP support in a live, 30-minute Skype call. Talk to the same engineer that you’d create an incident with – but spend less time waiting for response and resolution. Book a session, today!
Also, please feel free to join our live webinar on “How to Schedule an Expert for your SAP Solution”. The session will be recorded. Recording will be available afterwards via the same link.