EC Payroll – Push Replication for Hire, Rehire and Termination Cases
“The opinions expressed in this is post are that of the author and not endorsed by SAP”
If you are migrating from on-premise payroll to Employee Central Payroll, one of the first challenges you will have to face is setting up replication to your new payroll system. Lucky for you, setting up the connection can be quite simple!
Since release 1605, the preferred method of integrating SuccessFactors Employee Central with Employee Central Payroll does not involve any middleware such as SAP Cloud Platform or Dell Boomi. Instead, employee data is replicated from Employee Central to Employee Central Payroll through a Point to Point (PTP) replication job.
Now as we know there is schedule batch that triggers replication in the time intervals we have scheduled. However, for certain job events, it is useful for replication to happen immediately independent of when the next regular replication is scheduled. You can enable this immediate replication for the job events: hire, rehire, and termination.
These are the typical configuration steps that needs to be done:
- In Provisioning, under Company Settings, mark the Enable Intelligent Services checkbox and press the respective Save button.
- In the Employee Central system, go to Admin Center. In the Tools search field, enter Import and Export Data
- Select the action Import Data.
- Choose Success Store.
- In the Package Name column, find Intelligent Service Rules and click the radio button.
- Click Import
- Go back to Admin Center. In the Tools search field, enter Manage Business Configuration
- Click Job Info and scroll down to Trigger Rules.
- Assign the rules you just downloaded from Success Store to Job Information by entering the following information:
- Hire Event onPostSave Job Information Model
- Termination Event onPostSave Job Information Model
- Rehire Event onPostSave Job Information Model
- Go back to Admin Center. In the Tools search field, enter Event Notification Subscription
- Go to the Subscriber view and create a subscriber.
- Go to the SEB External Event view and click Add Topic. And enter the following information
- SEB Event Type – Choose the external event alert type.
- Endpoint URL – Enter the Access URL. Find the relevant URL as described in section Finding the Access URL
- Subscriber – Enter the subscriber you just created.
- Protocol – Choose SOAP over HTTP/HTTPs.
- Click Authentication – Choose BASIC.
- To verify the results go to Admin Center. In the Tools search field enter Event Notification Audit Log.
- In the Event Details column, click View to display the Event Notification Audit Log Details.
Note – To find the Access URL you need to enable Push Replication in Employee Central Payroll. Follow the below steps:
- In the Employee Central Payroll system, go to transaction SOAMANAGER.
- Under Service Administration choose Simplified Web Service Configuration.
- In the Search Pattern field enter *masterdatapush* and choose Go.
- Select the relevant Service Definition called EMPLOYEEMASTERDATAPUSHREPLICAT.
- Select the User/Password checkbox and choose Save.
- Choose Show Details.
- From the Configuration Details section, copy the Access URL.
The URLs are only accessible internally. To access the URLs externally, copy the first part of the URL from the SOA Management browser window, for example http://xxx.sap.corp:44322/. Then replace the first part of the WSDL and endpoint URLs displayed in the Details of Provider Configuration screen with the external part you copied from the SOA Management browser window.