SAP Central Finance – What you need to know?
Central finance is one of the deployment option of SAP S/4HANA where the present ERP system(s) with SAP or Non SAP category will be connected to the SAP S/4HANA system and the document replication will happen in real time. It supports several replication models. Please refer to another blog for more details.
(source – SAP.com)
- Asset Accounting document replication is not supported
- Postings to CO-FI reconciliation ledger (GL Reconciliation Postings)
- Year-end closing postings where the reference transaction (AWTYP) is GLYEC
- Clearings are not transferred as part of the initial load, but you can activate the transfer of clearings via ongoing replication.
- Clearing resets are not transferred as part of the initial load but you can activate the transfer of clearing resets via ongoing replication.
- Recurring entries & Sample documents
- Noted items (apart from down payment requests and payment requests)
- Parked documents & Balance carry forward items
- SAP Central Finance
- SAP System Landscape Transformation
- SAP MDG licence is optional to use. If full-fledged Master Data governance is needed then implement MDG else CFIN can be implemented without MDG
- Real time replication
- Simplified reporting
- Single source for consolidation
- Non-Disruptive migration to S/4HANA
- Implementation of Central Processes like – Central Payments, In house Cash for working Capital, Central Receivables
When not to use CFIN?
- CFIN is not a good choice when the organization have only one ERP system
- If that’s non SAP that can be converted to SAP S/4HANA as greenfield implementation and if that’s SAP ECC that can be migrated to SAP S/4HANA
- CFIN is useful and worth investing if the landscape have more than 1 ERP and business model is inclined towards M&A where more ERPs can join the game in future
Key SAP Notes
- 2184567 – Central Finance FAQ
- 2323494 – Overview of notes relevant for source system
- 2196783 – Central Finance: Error handling with AIF
- 2202650 – Central Finance: Error Handling for Replication of FI Documents
- 2202691 – Central Finance: Error Handling in AIF for Replication of CO documents and Cost Objects
- 2154420: SAP LT Replication Server for SAP Central Finance
- 1353125, 1497092, 1670486, 2078335 -Replication of Accounting documents with more than 999-line items
(source SAP.com. For updated roadmap follow SAP.com)
The SAP Model Company for Central Finance allows to ‘quick start’ the Central Finance project and enables a sound foundational design. It helps to reduce costs, decrease risks and provide guidance for the right decisions. What’s included?
- Ready-to-run accelerators including project management, functional and technical / configuration guides
- Enablement session, vision & scoping workshop
- MC Delta for rapid data profiling
- Covering S4HANA, Central Finance, SLT – System Landscape Transformation, MDG – Master Data Governance, PO – Process Orchestration, FIORI
- Discovery Landscape available on-demand
Read here for more details on Model company
Hope this gives fair understanding of CFIN.
Note – Images are taken from Internet or SAP.com
Thank you Nitin Gupta
Very good article. Thanks for sharing.
can we implement Central payments with non SAP systems?
Any idea on roadmap when Fixed Assets transactions can be added to product? I am sure you must have thought about it in your projects
Why is CFIN not a good idea when you are running only 1 ERP system. Our vision is that we can quite easily do a phased approach while migrating from ECC to S4. We can move company code by company code or process by proces while being able to use S4 functionality like group reporting from an early stage on. Can you please share your view on this?