“The Intelligent Enterprise leverages emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), the Internet of Things (IoT), and analytics to enable the workforce to focus on higher value outcomes.”
This is how the Intelligent Enterprise intro on sap.com puts it. In other words, the Intelligent Enterprise brings together machine and human intelligence across all business functions to deliver value to the enterprise. The driving force and underlying DNA for successful business transactions and trusted enterprise analytics in hybrid landscapes is consistent data.
Master data is part of a company’s digital core, independently of on-premise or cloud-based landscapes. It must be available and ready to use for all consuming applications. Typically, master data is created within the Line of Business. Therefore, a key prerequisite for the Intelligent Enterprise is that it integrates the right processes to make sure that master data is complete, accurate, and non-redundant, so that it’s ready to be shared across organizational, operational and analytical systems in a hybrid landscape.
In this context, SAP Master Data Governance on S/4HANA is an enterprise master data management solution for hybrid landscapes (that is landscapes consisting of on-premise and cloud applications) providing consolidation, central governance, and master data quality management features, which makes it the single source of truth for master data.
On top of this, in a cloud-centric context, the cloud-based master data service SAP Cloud Platform Master Data for business partners is a central access layer for Business Partner data that supports harmonized data consumption by cloud and on-premise applications. Based on an aligned data model and scale-in/scale-out capabilities it is perfectly tailored for flexible master data sharing in hybrid landscapes.
SAP Cloud Platform Master Data for business partners:
- Provides scalable access to master data for all cloud applications
- Is based on core data of the SAP S/4HANA Business Partner model
- Allows data consumption via OData (synchronous) or SOAP (asynchronous)
- Features basic CRUD (create, read, update, delete) capabilities for ad hoc maintenance needs
- Can run as a stand-alone service, or seamlessly integrates with on-premise applications, for example, SAP S/4HANA and SAP MDG on S/4HANA
It can be used, for example for:
- Initial loads for instant data provisioning and immediate availability for use
- Instant sharing of business partner data among multiple front-end solutions
- Providing the central master data persistency for multiple cloud applications (without their own master data persistency) to shield the global SAP Master Data Governance instance from high access load.
Another cloud-based service is for data enrichment. This microservice allows you to enrich your B2B customer data with information from third-party data providers.
For details on SAP Cloud Platform Master Data for business partners, see the documentation on the SAP Help Portal.