Manual to use MASS transaction code with Import functionality
User wants to change the User responsible for 1000 cost centre. We can do this in minutes by Import functionality of Mass Tcode.
1. Go to Excel. For e.g. you have excel in below format. This file is received from user. This is just example. You can have less or more column. In below column you can delete valid to column and proceed further.
2. Go to Transaction code Mass. Select as shown in below screenshot. Click on execute button.
3. Click on Import Data from file.
4. Select file name. Click on open.
5. Below screen will appear. Click on execute button.
6. Now if you see below screenshot, icons are in grey. Means not assigned. See below Alphabet A B C D.
7. Click on grey icon.
8. Below screen will appear. Assign the appropriate field. Do this for all column. After assigning. Field should be green.
9. All columns are green. Means ready to execute.
10. After execution, below screen will appear. Click on SAVE button. The one with error are shown in below screen.
11. Below message will be displayed. Means changes are done.
Data are uploaded in the system.
Benefits of using Mass Upload functionality through excel is that it saves lot of time for copy the data on the screen. If data are uploaded regularly, Model template for each object should be created and saved for uploads. For eg. cost centre, Profit centre etc.