The Asset Accountant as a Role
In a vacuum, you as an asset accountant oversees all the tangible assets of a business. The impression and conceptualization in your head of how a business balances their assets is far more concrete than most professions. Since the variables you deal with are tangible, and you have a close affinity towards tangibility, the method of your day-to-day procedures should also parallel that.
The Asset Accounting Overview Page transfers data directly to and from other SAP components:
- Post from your Materials Management directly to your Asset Accounting component.
- When an asset is purchased or produced in-house, you can directly post the invoice receipt or goods receipt, or the withdrawal from the warehouse, to assets in the Asset Accounting component.
- Pass on depreciation and interest directly to the Financial Accounting and Controlling components.
- Settle the maintenance activities that require capitalization to assets in the Plant Maintenance component.
The Asset Accounting Overview Page makes your tasks more concrete with global filters and card layouts:
Set Your Tasks
- Choose the Asset Acquisitions card
- Then check your Asset Balances whether you like looking at it from a chart or a list
- And finally, choose the Asset Retirements card
The Asset Accounting Overview page navigates you to your tasks. It gives you guidance, and it does not leave you deciding for alternatives. You plan, then you do. It gives you a more concrete day-to-day.