Top 10 New Features of SAP IBP 1902
Here are the top 10 interesting features from 1902 release of IBP which stand out for me. Hope you will find it useful.
- Most Used List: This features lists the most used attributes and keyfigure for quicker access in Excel Add-in. The short list helps to quickly see the relevant attributes and keyfigures and select those easily from the long list. The number of items that are listed this way depends on the number you specify in the Settings window.
- Copy and Disagg Operators : These operators are improves to support time period selection. Additionally operators are improved to support Scenario and Planning Version for copying and disaggregating the data.
- Web-Based Planning App : This Fiori app enables users to create planning views to analyze and change key figure data also from the Web UI. No IBP-Excel Add-in is required. This is currently more useful for occasional users. Example: Sales Representative at customer location using a tablet to do basic tasks. This is good addition to facilitate collaboration with Customer and Vendors.
- Naïve forecasting algorithm in demand planning creates a forecast by copying the historical sales data to future periods. e.g. “forecast of next year is equal to sales last year * x%” which is useful when the sales history is very repetitive or expected to similar to the past with x% growth or decline. Another use case could be, this model in combination with new product forecasting can copy the history of old products for new product.
- Enhancements in Manage Product Lifecyle Fiori App : It allows fine-tuning of phase-in and phase-out curves for new or obsolete products by maintaining specific values for single points of a phase-in/-out curve. Additionally option of Reference Product Hierarchy is introduced which provides succession chain while maintaining the reference products. This is especially useful for short product lifecycles.
- Copying Planning Notes between Versions: You can copy planning notes, choose not to copy, additionally merge notes, replace notes or delete notes between versions in a planning area. The drop-down has all the options available for use.
- Redesign of the Monitor Custom Alerts app enables users to work much more effective on exceptions. This app is completely redesigned to improve usability and enabled more features – easy to filter/save those filters, download alerts into Excel or CSV, flexible and personalize layout settings for table columns. Alerts can be defined based on scenarios and planning versions as well. It was not possible prior to 1902.
- New Forecast consumption profile type – Not Enabled for S&OP Operator : Forecast Consumption functionality can be enabled without Supply Planning.
- Outlier Job Detection Application job template can be used to analyze historical run times and determines if any jobs fall outside of an average range. It make use of machine learning. The information in the log shows number of jobs analyzed, job instances, how many outlier jobs found; and for those outlier jobs detail such as resource consumption – CPU and memory % usage, concurrent jobs at that time and min, max and average runtime of that particular job. Every useful for performance analysis.
- System Monitoring App: The improvement in System Monitoring App to find out Excel Add-in version being used by users of the system.
Additionally, you can find the SAP’s webinar recording and slides via the following links: