SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors in now available in Cloud Foundry
We are happy to announce the General availability of SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors in Cloud Foundry. SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors is now available in the following more SAP Cloud Platform Regions :-
- Europe ( Frankfurt) AWS Region
- Europe (Netherlands) Azure Region
- Australia (Sydney) AWS Region
- US East (VA) AWS Region
- US West (WA) Azure Region
- SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Foundry trial
Full list of Data Centers is available in SAP Cloud Platform Regions and Service Portfolio.
SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors provides robust, feature rich, prebuilt connectors to an extensible library of over 160 of the most popular non-SAP cloud applications. The connectors offer a pre-configured means of smooth, comprehensive integration through harmonized representational state transfer (REST) APIs and universal resource identifiers (URIs) with normalized authentication, error handling, search, pagination, and bulk support regardless of the underlying architecture of the third-party applications. By normalizing the operations, it drastically reduces the learning curve of integrating with additional cloud applications.
For information about pricing and using SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors from productive tenants, visit us at SAP Cloud Platform site.
In this blog, we have also documented the steps for our productive consumers to enable SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors in their Cloud Foundry region.
- Logon to SAP Cloud Platform
- Navigate to your Global Account and then click New Subaccount button. In case you already have a sub account in Europe (Frankfurt) Region this step can be skipped.
- In the New Subaccount popup dialog, enter a display name for your sub account. Select Cloud Foundry from the environment drop down list and from the provider drop down list select Amazon Web Services ( AWS) or Azure. From the region drop down list select your Region and click on Create button.
Note:- Full list of Data Centers is available in SAP Cloud Platform Regions and Service Portfolio.
- Once the new sub account is created, click on the Enable Cloud Foundry button to enable Cloud Foundry organization and space in your account. In case you already have a sub account in Europe (Frankfurt) Region this step can be skipped.
- Based on your entitlements and necessary license, under Subscriptions tab SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors tile would be visible. Navigate to Subscriptions tab and select SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors tile
- Select Subscribe button to enable SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors in your Cloud Foundry sub account. After Subscribe button is clicked, status would change to Processing and this would take few minutes while the SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors service is getting activated in the selected tenant in the background.
- After SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors is enabled in your sub account, status would be changed to Subscribed and the Go to Application link would be enabled. Click on the Go to Application link to navigate to your own SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors tenant.
To add more members in your SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors refer this blog.
To explore all the features and functionality of SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors visit us at SAP Community.
Hi Divya Mary
Regarding the last line in the blog - "To add more members in your SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors" - could you please confirm why we need to manage the users in Open Connectors directly? The subscription section in CF already provides set of roles, which can be added to a role collection and this role collection can be assigned to the user from IdP, right?
For adding adding users to SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors for the Cloud Foundry environment, kindly refer this blog . The role collection way is currently not supported for Open Connectors.
Hi Divya Mary,
thanks for sharing this!
I've tried the Open Connectors for the Cloud Foundry trial, and followed your steps, but can not open the app --> "No authorized user found". Do you have any hint what could be missing? Already tried to assign the role OpenConnectors_Administrator to a role collection assinged to my user.
Thx & BR
For Open Connectors trial environment we are facing issue with new users trial on-boarding and our product engineering team is working with priority to fix the issue.
We expect this issue to be resolved soon.
Thanks and Best Regards,
I am facing the same issue while working through an SAP tutorial (region: US East (VA)).
Can you please share an update by when you expect the issue to be resolved?
Is there a workaround possible to set up my trial account in another region (right now, I can only choose the US east region and have no option for e.g. Europe/Frankfurt).
We continue to face the an issue with new user's Open Connectors trial on Cloud Foundry and our product engineering team is working with priority to resolve the issue. The issue impacts new users activating the service and for existing users no issues.
As our team works on the fix, sharing an alternative approach for Open Connectors trial.
Open Connectors is also available in the Neo environment and in case you have an existing Neo trial environment, then you can log into your Neo Environment ( from https://cockpit.hanatrial.ondemand.com/cockpit scroll down to the Environments region and then click Access Neo Trial), navigate to the Services tab and then select Open Connectors service tile ( available under category Integration Suite).
The functionality of Open Connectors is the same between Neo & Cloud Foundry so you can leverage all the same features in both the environment.
We will keep you posted once the Cloud Foundry trial issues are resolved and once again we apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Thanks Divya. That was helpful and worked!
Is the issue with new user’s Open Connectors trial on Cloud Foundry fixed? I do not see the option of Open connectors in my cloud foundry account.
Is there a workaround possible to set up Open connectors now?
Thanks & Regards
The issue of Open Connectors new user on-boarding is fixed now. With the recent update, we have merged Open Connectors as part of SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite. Refer this tutorial to enable Open Connectors via SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite trial.
Thanks and Best Regards,