SAP Model Company in Central Finance Implementation
With 1809 release of SAP S/4HANA, the model company functionality is also available now starting January 2019 for V1.
What is SAP Model Company?
A SAP Model Company is a
- End-to-end reference solution,
- Tailored to an industry or line of business
It comprises state-of-the-art applications and proven best practices. A model company driven approach enables you to reduce cost, decrease risk, and accelerate adoption during discovery, preparation, exploration,
and realization activities. The SAP Model Company for Finance 1809-V1 offers a ready-to-run, comprehensive reference solution for support of Core Finance processes complemented by Treasury and Financial Planning process.
(source – sap.com)
The scope is mainly focussed on End-to-End business processes for Finance. Integration with Sales and Procurement is realized to support Finance processes
FOUR functional Options are:
- Accounting & Financial Close – Mandatory
- Management Accounting – Optional
- Treasury & Cash Management – Optional
- Financial Planning & Analysis – Optional
- Reduced costs and resource effort
- Risk elimination through reference-solution architecture
- Based on Agile & Lean principles
Approach: Preconfigured solution
- Ready-to-run appliance with applications, configuration, and sample data
- System provisioning over the SAP Cloud portfolio, your preferred cloud provider, or on premise
Line of Business Availability:
- Connected Manufacturing
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management for Industries
- Human Resources
- Logistics Execution
- SAP Marketing Cloud
- Multinational Corporations
- R&D/Engineering and Sustainability
- Subscription Billing
- Supply Chain Planning
- Airline Back Offices
- Consumer Products
- Core Retail
- Fashion and Vertical Business
- Integrated Digital Banking
- Life Sciences
- Mill Products
- Mining Production and Execution
- Oil and Gas
- Omnichannel Retail
- Trade Management for Consumer Products
- Utilities for Regulated Markets
- Utilities for Transmission and Distribution
Visit – www.sap.com/modelcompany for more information.
Is SAP Model Company available for free from SAP then my partner will implement it for me please?
Thanks for the short feedback
Is it available for free?
I have rarely seen Model company being used.