#askSAP Live Chat Recap: HarrisLogic Transforms Behavioral Healthcare with Predictive Analytics
Everyone loves a Tech for Good story, and we’re no different. So we invited Hudson Harris to share more about HarrisLogic’s inspiring suicide prevention program on our first #askSAP Live Chat of 2019.
Hudson’s talk with our live audience and SAP’s Timo Elliott, Global Innovation Evangelist, really knocked it out of the park. The replay is available now, and we invite you to watch it, go deeper into the background of HarrisLogic’s solutions, learn more about the Zero Suicide initiative, and help spread the word. (See the list of resources below.)
Worldwide, someone dies by suicide roughly every 40 seconds. And in the United States, suicide rates have risen nearly 30% in the last two decades across all sexes, races, ages, and ethnic groups, according to a recently released study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
But it’s a preventable tragedy, and technology is now empowering behavioral health professionals to screen at-risk individuals so they can intervene early and provide targeted help before it’s too late.
That’s where 2018 SAP Innovation Award winner HarrisLogic’s solutions come in. As Hudson says:
“We’re trying to bring in the Big Data aspect to mental health. There are evidence-based tools and risk calculators that can accurately help a clinician identify how at risk someone is for violence or suicide.”
HarrisLogic has taken those tools and embedded them into technology in order to get big datasets that reveal intelligent insights on data health trends. With this information, they’ve been able to create screening and “triage-like” tools for first-line professionals at suicide crisis hotlines, emergency rooms, university health centers, jails, and more.
In addition, the data that is collected by the HarrisLogic solutions gives institutions predictive insights into their care programs, which results in even more saved lives and jail diversions.
As Hudson said, “We have to be willing to go through an ecological assessment of our mental health services ….and use the data in a way that’s fast, secure, and gives people the information they need right when they need it.”
The results? Timo Elliott noted that they boil down to:
“Improving people’s lives, keeping people out of jail, and saving cities millions of dollars.”
If you or a loved one needs help, call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at +1 (800) 273-8255 and visit www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
- Check out HarrisLogic and learn more about their story and their platforms in the SAP Newsroom story, “Amid a Rising Tide of Suicide, Tech Offers New Ways of Prevention”
- Learn about the HarrisLogic crisis response platform, student crisis response platform, and jail diversion platform
- Watch the webinar replay: “SAP HANA Customer Spotlight: Harris Logic Reduces Healthcare Costs with Predictive Analytics”
- Dive deeper into the technical details about the solution EV Technologies and HarrisLogic developed together with a recap, case study, and presentation replay available in Eric Vallo’s blog, “Transforming Behavioral Health Care with Predictive Analytics.”
- Learn about real-time data anonymization/deidentification with SAP HANA
- Learn more about Zero Suicide