With more than 2 months to go, the event is fully booked and there is a smashing speaker line-up. If you’re not registered yet and you really really really want to come, just contact us and we can work things out. Find the announcement blog here: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/01/25/sap-inside-track-belgium-2019/
We have quite a few people coming from abroad who want to take the entire weekend and combine some geeky stuff and a city trip. So here’s a bit of practical information and things that are worth visiting:
First of all, the event is in Kontich, which is basically a suburb of Antwerp, which means you’re smack in the middle of Antwerp and Brussels. Easy to reach from the Netherlands, easy to reach via Brussels Airport, or via Antwerp Airport (yes, there’s an airport there).
If you’re going to citytrip, do know that Sunday is a typical closing day for many shops, but many musea are open on Sunday. Best check beforehad, and do your shopping on Friday.
Places to stay:
- If you don’t mind spending a bit of extra for some extravagance, you can stay over at The Baron
- If it’s practicality you’re after, you can also choose for Hotel Ibis
- For Dreams of grandour, stay over at the Astoria
- If it’s glory you’re after, have a look at The Glorious Inn
- If you’re looking for a transcending experience, you are at the right place in Martin’s Patershof
- Ever wanted to visit Amsterdam, but don’t like the Dutch? Porta superia will offer you the full experience
- If you’re looking for a full beer experience: Het Anker will amply provide
- If you want to get your feet wet, how about a Boat and Breakfast?
But obviously you’re free to pick anything you can find on Google.
- MAS in Antwerp (Museum)
- The Kathedral of Antwerp
- Comic Central – Central station of Antwerp
- Brewery De Koninck in Antwerp
- ‘t Pakhuis (Brewery + Resto) Antwerp
- Brewery Het Anker in Mechelen
- Cinquantenaire Park in Brussels (Multiple Mesea)
- Beer stores in Brussels. Just google it, you will not be dissapointed
- Shopping everywhere.
We plan a little soiree on Saturday evening. Not quite sure yet where we’ll go, but I have a couple of usual suspects in mind.
To give you an idea of distances: