In a recent post I announced the availability for SAP’s all-new Cloud Shipment channel for the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for Android. Well, we haven’t been resting on our laurels and so it is that today I am proud to announce that we also made the Kapsel SDK available via cloud shipment, starting with version 3.1 SP02*. If you’re uncertain of what Cloud Shipment is and what its benefits are, I encourage you to take a look at the linked original post. Otherwise, if you’re just eager to get started, here is what you need to do:
- Follow the instructions in my original post to setup your SAP Repositories Management account** and make sure to download the “NPM Base64 Credentials” password file. You’ll need the value in that file in the next step.
- Run the following commands to link the @sap npm scope to the Kapsel Cloud Shipment repository:
npm config set @sap:registry https://73555000100900002542.npmsrv.repositories.sap.ondemand.com npm config set _auth <authValue>
Note: The <authValue> is a Base64-encoded username:password value pair, which can be found in the password file you downloaded in step 1.
- You may now add Kapsel plugins to your Cordova projects as follows:
cordova plugin add @sap/kapsel-plugin-logon
In addition, you can also now obtain and use the Kapsel CLI and the Custom Fiori Client this way:
npm install @sap/create_fiori_client # Create config.json based on node_modules/@sap/create_fiori_client/config.json template node node_modules/@sap/create_fiori_client/create_fiori_client.js
Of course, as with the previously enabled Cloud Shipment channel, those settings work fine both on developer workstations and Continuous Integration servers, so that building pipelines with our SDK is now easier than before. Stay tuned for an update to the SAP Cloud Platform Continuous Integration guides to leverage this feature in your projects as well!
*Note: The technical version identifier (e.g. used in Cordova commands) of Kapsel SDK 3.1 SP02 is 4.2.1.
**Note: The permission restrictions pointed out in my original blog apply. In order to consume cloud shipment, you need to
(1) be part of an organization that has licensed access to this SDK.
(2) be authorized to download software from SAP in the name of your organization.
Edit 2019-03-04: Added version information.
Edit 2019-03-21: Adjusted repository URL