How to Create a Tile Pointing to URL : S/4Hana
The goal of this documentation is to give detailed step by step instruction on how to create a static tile pointing to URL.
User id should be having Launchpad admin access “SAP_UI2_ADMIN_700” in Gateway for using Launchpad Designer for creation of Tile.
Creating Tile in Launchpad Designer:
Login to Launchpad designer by using below url or using Tcode “/UI2/FLPD_CUST” from Gateway system.
http://host name: port/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html?scope=CUST&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
1. Create Custom Catalog : You are now into Launchpad Designer Tool, used for creation of Catalogs & Tiles. Follow the below steps for Catalog Creation.
- Click on + Sign on left bottom of below screen.
- Fill the required details on the pop up “Create Catalog” & press save.
- Catalog is created.
- Now we need to create Tile inside this catalog.
2. Create Tile pointing to URL : You should be now inside catalog created in above steps. Follow the below steps for Tile Creation which would be pointing to URL.
- Click on + sign on right screen to add Tile. It would open below screen.
- Select + of “App Launcher – Static” tile type to proceed. It should open a new page.
- Fill the required details and url in given fields as per below screen and choose save.
- That’s it tile is created.
- Now get the catalog assigned to user role in gateway with help of security team,.
- The tile should be now visible under created catalog in FLP (Fiori Launchpad).
3. Access Tile in Fiori Launchpad : Access to GATEWAY by opening a web browser and go to the following URL:
http://host name: port/sap/bc/ui2/flp or (/ui2/flp)
- Once FLP is loaded, goto “App Finder” under me area.
- Search for the created catalog.
- The new tile created should be available under this catalog with name provided in designer.
- Add the tile under your desired group.
- Go to FLP content area, select group under which tile is added, and you should see the Tile.
- Click on tile and it should launch the corresponding url in new tab.
Part 2 of this blog covering url tile for dynamic url is available at below link.
Fiori Fun at work!