What is Country Garden?
As a large group enterprise listed on Hong Kong Stock Exchange’s Main Board (Stock Code: 2007), Country Garden ranks among “The World’s 500 Largest Public Companies” as per Forbes. Country Garden is not just a developer and operator of residential communities, but also constructs and operates green, ecological and smart cities. In 2016, Country Garden’s residential property sales exceeded USD43 billion, covered approximately 37.47 million square meters, and ranked among top three real estate enterprises globally.
Country Garden has consistently tried to promote residential civilization. Leveraging a craftsman’s professional spirit, and utilizing scientific planning and human-centric design, it aims to build good and affordable housing for the whole world. Such housing typically features complete community public facilities, beautiful landscape design, and safe and comfortable residential environment. Country Garden has developed more than 700 residential, commercial and urban construction projects globally, and offers its services to more than 3 million property owners.
We are Country Garden,
and we consistently work towards the progress of human society,Country Garden wishes to make the world we live in a better place!
Going Global with Digital Transformation
To support the rapid expansion of its overseas business and sustain its leadership position in the industry, Country Garden sees the urgent need to address the following challenges:
- How to support overseas real estate development business covering Southeast Asia, Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States, New Zealand and other countries and regions.
- How to achieve synergy between home and abroad and to promote collaboration.
- How to meet the group management requirements while adapting to local regulations on laws and taxations.
- How to achieve integrated global information management by breaking information barriers and isolations.
- How to realize digital transformation to stay ahead of competition and better integrate into the global business network.
- How to support “Forest City” with cutting edge IT technologies to ensure the success of this massive ecological development project.
We set clear objectives for its SAP project:
- Build a single unified SAP core business platform, adapting local specifics and meeting the demand for multi languages, multi currencies and multi dimensions.
- Unify and consolidate data source such as employee ID, suppliers information, master data for real estate development projects, etc
- Seamlessly integrate core businesses: procurement, cost management, bidding and finance, to facilitate cross departmental collaboration and information sharing
- Support group management system to reduce communication cost and improve efficiency
- Facilitate the transformation to smart urban development in “Forest City” by leverage technologies from SAP solutions
Co-innovated with SAP, Country Garden has built the world first real estate core management system based SAP S/4 HANA:
- Established SAP platform to manage overseas core business covering 13 countries including Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Myanmar, Vietnam, Philippines, Australia, USA, New Zealand, UK, India, etc, with functionalities including master data management, finance management, human resource management, procurement management, full cost and bidding process management, etc.
- DeployedSAP S/4 HANA as the foundation to support core business, followed by standard MDM, FICO, HR, MM, RERCS modules implementation, after in-depth business analysis and process reengineering. Real Estate Lifecycle Management is the first system in the world in this industry, thus a very challenging deployment.
- Unified account management to authenticate employee IDs and set up a unified ID platform across the group’s multiple companies and systems
- Unified workflow platform to integrate various OA systems of sub companies and across the value chain, and to optimize vertical business processes
- Facilitated the global integrated management with MPLS VPN across borders
- Carried out customized development of nearly 45% of the implementation workload by taking advantage of the flexibility and scalability of SAP solutions, while meeting the requirements of the group management system, as well as local law and tax regulations
- Implemented Mobile Collaborative Platform to facilitate open, transparent and efficient cooperation between suppliers, supervision committees and property owners
- Introduced SAP Portal, based on the combined technology of BOPF and FPM
- At present, three regional companies in Malaysia and Indonesia have successfully carried out the system, which has delivered remarkable results. Thailand, Hong Kong and India are scheduled to go live with the system in June 2019.
Highlight of Country Garden’s SAP project was the successful deployment in Forest City, the group’s flagship project in Malaysia, The SAP implementation plays a crucial role in building IT excellence to ensure the project success!