Recruiting Posting – A platform to market your jobs with SAP
Knowing that SAP SuccessFactors is among the leading technologies offering Human Capital Management (HCM) software solutions using Software as a Service (SaaS) model has created its own space today.
Recruiting is one of the part in SuccessFactors which helps the customers to ‘Attract’, ‘Engage’ and ‘Select’ the best talent match for their open positions. In process to find the best talent match across the globe from different sources, advertising of open jobs is very much essential on different job boards, Universities and social media platform. Recruiting Posting (RP) is a platform which helps the customer to market/post their open positions around 4000 job boards, School & Universities.
After Successfully implemented Recruiting Positing (RP) solution, I am happy to share my experience and some of lessons learned. It would be helpful for the other professional on some of the most important aspects during the RP implementation.
Brief History and Overview on RP:
- SAP acquisition in 2015
- Previously known as Multiposting, now named as ‘Recruiting Posting (RP)’
- World leading job posting aggregator
- Around 4000 channels (Job boards, Universities, social networks etc.)
- Well integrated solution with SuccessFactors Recruitment Management (RCM) and Recruitment Marketing (RMK)
Traditional Approach V/S SAP’s Approach
Some other vendors available for job board posting:
- Recruiting Posting
Start with Recruiting Posting (RP)
Being SAP SuccessFactors professional, you might aware that earlier Recruiting Positing (RP) solution is implemented by SAP only, but now it’s possible to be implement by Certified partner consultant. But still we need to coordination with SAP for few services and configuration changes.
Pre-requisite to know before start with RP:
- Active RCM and RMK instance in Scope along with RP license
- Job distribution sheet need to be filled by customer to understand the Job boards in scope
- Client should have the license agreement with paid job boards
Steps to start RP configurations:
- Enable the recruiting posting from provisioning
- Update Recruiting Posting Base URL in Provisioning (Refer Imp Guide OR KBA note 2686521)
- Setup RBP Permissions in Admin Center. Permissions can be set up as below (example),
- Raise the incident with SAP to provision your system with recruiting posting (you need to share the data center information along with the company id)
- Once provision is done, you can access the RP dashboard via ‘Admin Center -> Manage Recruiting Posting’.
Posting Profiles: Posting Profile is a job posting entity to be associated to one or several RCM users. One recruiter can have any number of different Posting Profiles. Posting Profiles allow to post a job on behalf of an organization / office / agency, or however you decide to name this Posting Profile entity.
NOTE: It is mandatory to have Posting Profiles into a group because a group is not able to post jobs. Posting Profile are able to post jobs.
Users to Posting Profile Association: Associate a user RCM to a Posting Profile RP. On the left list, the synchronized Recruiting users are displayed. Recruiting users are granted with RBP permission will be synchronized during the daily user synchronization in Recruiting Posting system (Job run daily @ 05.00 GMT).
Job Board Market Place: Place to search and add the available job boards in RP. If Job Boards are not available on the Job Board Market Place, integration requests can be made through the customer’s interface. Note that each customer is limited to 10 requests per civil year.
My Job Boards: Added job boards from job board market place will reflect here. To make a Job board operational, you need to follow the below 3 steps:
- Adding or modifying Job Board configurations
- Associating Posting Profiles to the Job Board
- Adding or modifying contracts
NOTE: Associate Posting Profiles to Job Board is MANDATORY
My School Job Boards: Added universities/school’s boards from job board market place will reflect here. To post the job on school job board, posting profile should be associated.
Job Field Mapping: You can automate the filling of your job posting fields based on the Job Requisition fields values. To make this mapping operational, it is mandatory to grant the admin and recruiter users with the “OData API Job Requisition Export” permission in Admin Center/RBP.
Also, you should first make sure that in the instance’s Job Requisition template, there are relevant fields which can host the values requested into the job posting fields of Recruiting Posting.
Steps to post the job using RP – ‘Time for Posting’
- Go to RCM Job Requisition list
- Select actions and choose “Job Postings”
- Make sure that the status is “Posted” for at least “External Posting” Or set posting dates for at least “External Posting” then go to “Post Job”
- Start your job posting in SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Posting with “Post and Manage Jobs” button
- Select the posting profile to post your job with
- See credits availability among your associated posting profiles
- First check that common fields and company profile information are filled
- Then fill specific fields for each job board
- Fields in error are highlighted and Expected format instructions are displayed
- Review your posting information and click on submit button at bottom right corner
- Once click on submit button, Recruiter (Recruiting user) is redirected to the “Job Posting” page
- Go again to “Post & Manage Jobs”
- Access the Job Posting dashboard to follow up the posting
Recruiting Posting – Implementation Learning
- In Test Environment – Job post status always be ‘pending’. Means actual job posting will be in PROD environment only.
- You will not be able to access the RP dashboard until the provision is not done by SAP
- We (being partner consultant) cannot add the default value for fields on RP screen. Need to raise incident with SAP and they will setup in backend.
- What’s not possible:
- Hide the fields on RP screen
- Customize the fields under RP screen (Common & Job boards fields)
- Add the instruction text with fields
- Error 404: Can be experience during job posting if issue with RCM side and data will not sync proper from RCM to RP.
- Mapping for location field (Object type – Multiple Location) RCM to RP is not possible.
- If customer has two vendors for job posting (example: RP & Broadbean), then both can be use in parallel if Job boards are ready to accept two feeds from different vendors.
- Most Important: you might need to coordinate with Job boards for credentials to integrate job boards with RP
Understanding some of these essential topics will assist better in the preparation to kick start a Recruiting Posting implementation with confidence.
It would be helpful for others who are working or look forward to start work on Recruiting Posting. Please share this post to help other SuccessFactors Consultants.
I have shared my experience to put all the pointers together and hope you like this post. I would love to hear your feedback in the comments section below and share your experiences of your leanings and recommendations……. Happy Learning ?
Very Informative blog. Thanks for sharing here.
Good Job Kapil
Thanks Apoorwa. .
Helpful and Informative...such blogs indeed helps us to move through situations. Keep it up Kapil!
Thank Rama for your kind words.
Great content. Very Informative Blog. Thanks for sharing Kapil!!
Great blog. Very detailed and helpful.
Keep it up.
Thank you Shalini.
Great Blog Kapil!
Keep on with the good work, I’m eager to see your next posts!
Thank you Vageesh.
Very detailed and helpful blog
Thanks for sharing with us Kapil
Thanks for writing this blog, very detailed and informative!! Really appreciate your efforts!!
Thank you Vandana.
Very well explained Kapil. Keep it up.
Thank you Richa.
excellent Blog Kapil.
Thanks for sharing .
Very informative blog Kapil.....Keep up the good work....
Very informative, thank you for sharing!
I have a question, who can implement RP? Does the implementation partner have to be certified or it's the consultant that needs to be certified in RP?
Thank you Jyothi.
My response on your query: Partner consultant can implement the RP. Generally RP solution will go along with RCM or RMK, consultant should be certified in anyone or both as per the module in scope. There is no separate certification for RP.
Hope it helps. Best Regards - Kapil
Very much informative . Thanks for sharing this Kapil..
Much needed blog for Recruiting Posting, very informative.
Thank you Kapil.
Very helpful blog with detailed information. Clearly explained the process of recruiting posting.
Thanks for sharing Kapil
Very detailed and informative blog on Recruiting Posting. Keep it up
Thank you Lalit.
Very well explained and depicted in a step by step way. Will be very helpful in achieving this task without much hassles!
Keep it up and keep sharing your knowledge!
Great write-up Kapil !!
Thanks for sharing the detailed info around Recruiting Posting.
Thank you Aastha.
Hope you are doing Good!
Thank you for writing and sharing the first ever blog on Recruiting Posting, It’s very much concise and step by step guide for all of us.
Keep up the Good Work and Happy Learning
Thanks Allwyn for the valuable feedback.
Thanks for such an informative blog! Goes without saying - It is very helpful.
Have a question, rather functionality feasibility and wondering if you can put some light on it- How do we set up Broadbean Job aggregator in SuccessFactors system post introduction of Recruiting Posting? Is there any constraint?
Thanks for the feedback.
Eventually I did not get the chance to work on Broadbean job aggregator setup, but what I knew about broadbean, this vendor has the standard integration with SuccessFactors. But customer must have agreement/license with Broadbean in order to integrate with SF.
Hopefully will get chance to work on this and will be happy to share the knowledge with others.
This is so helpful Kapil.
Thanks for sharing detail.
Thank you Haripriya for the inputs.
Great writing. Worth a read !
I have a question on reports pertaining to source. When the jobs are posted via RP and if a candidate applies, how the system captures the Source & Candidate Source information.
Is it possible to create reports on the job portals used via RP ?
Looking forward for your response. Thank you !
Kindly did you go throw this, If how the system will captures the candidate applies?
Thanks for sharing such an informative blog. This will be really helpful for those implementing Recruiting Posting for first time.
Keep the good work.
How to request job board integration via Job Board Market Place - Recruiting Posting ?
Above details tell how to request for new Job Board . But ISV partner is not an multiposting user in his demo instance . From the ISV partner stand point of view how can they raise the request to become Job Board member ?