Customers often ask, “How do we know our SAP Jam group, portal/internet, activities are providing the best results?”
Many times, executive management and stakeholders want to know how the investments in SAP Jam are working, and what decisions should be considered to optimize the experience for employees, customers, and partners.
Until we started using the combination of SAP Jam admin reports (& dashboards) with Google Analytics the raw data, assets (i.e. documents, videos), experts’ knowledge, and the business process (& models) deployed were extremely hard to measure.
Extending SAP Jam to Google Analytics is like “turning the lights on” to help identify audience behavior, understand the engagement with content, and make better business decisions.
Given the rapidly changing nature of an organization using SAP Jam, along with both structured and unstructured information, it’s easy to lose track of how to analyze audience behavior in relation to goals and campaign tracking.
Five Overall Benefits
- Achieving deeper data exploration to uncover trends & patterns
- Operationalizing reporting insights to optimize processes and achieve greater impact
- Reducing complexity by understanding what’s working and what needs improvement
- Providing governance to have consistent views both in the real-time and by way of regular reporting (i.e. bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Delivering high quality insights to executive sponsors and key stakeholders
The first bit of good news is that the SAP Jam Collaboration platform does not share employee (or user) profile information with Google Analytics. That gives us all a great sigh of relief when addressing the importance of data privacy and security standards.
Examples of what Google Analytics does very well to enhance the SAP Jam reporting experience:
- Real Time Custom Reports – Addressing visitors’ locations, traffic sources, content
- Audience – Tracking active users, geo, languages, behavior, new vs. returning, frequency, technology, mobile, devices, user flow
- Acquisition – Measuring channels, sources, campaigns
- Behavior – Understanding the flow, site content (views – what content is most engaging) as well as insights on all pages, exit pages, and problematic pages (i.e. bounce rates) and the time of day that receives the most traffic
When you consider the quantity of assets, data, and traffic on a Jam group, intranet or portal, along with growth and scalability, extending SAP Jam to Google Analytics is an essential tool.
With a consistent governance the decision makers (i.e. business leaders, company or group admins) can have a consolidated view, and be in a more informed position, to continuously improve and refine the SAP Jam group(s) or portal/intranet.
Once analyzed, SAP Jam decision support may require…
- Improving communications (i.e. focusing on outreach & awareness)
- Recognizing completeness of content / information (i.e. auditing a holistic vs. fragmented view. What are the audience’s priorities?)
- Improving maintenance (i.e. accountability by content contributors to update or archive old information)
- Assessing process improvements (i.e. ensure the company-wide, line of business or group’s business model is optimized on SAP Jam for the audience goals & objectives)
- Leveraging knowledge (i.e. ownership and contribution from experts, mentors, peers)
- Refining the user experience and design (i.e. make it easy for the audience to find what they want quickly and with the most value. Also, eliminate and reduce problem areas.)
When used the right way, SAP Jam and Google Analytics are a great combination which should be deployed to support data-driven decisions, metrics to inform executive sponsors and stakeholders, and help make decisions which ensure successful outcomes.
About the Author
|Richard D. Blumberg is a SAP Jam Practice leader who works with both SAP and SAP Services. He is the President of World Sales Solutions, LLC (WSS) (www.WorldSalesSolutions.com) providing 29+ years of thought leadership on a variety of “View from the Top” strategies including: Enterprise Social Business, Go-to-Market Strategies, Business Development, Talent Development, and Community Building. He and his team are recognized SAP Jam global experts for implementations, innovation, and adoption.|
- SAP Jam for social onboarding: How to Improve First Impressions for New Hires?
- Building a Global, Integrated SuccessFactors HR Services Model with SAP Jam
- From Now to the Year 2030 – SAP Jam Collaboration Will Play an Important Role With SAP Leonardo and the Digital Revolution
- 14 Ways to JumpStart #SAPJam Collaboration, Communities or Groups
- Understanding the Lift in SAP Jam Implementations & Adoption
- SAP Jam: Using all the Piano’s Keys and Pedals
- The Path to SAP Jam ROI Success
- SAP Jam: The ROI Impacting Sales Productivity
- Split Second Selling with SAP Jam – 7 Use Cases!
- The Customer Go-to-Market Imperative – Transforming Silos to Social Business and Community Building
- View from the Top: Bill McDermott shares his success secrets at a #fireside chat!