SAP Central Finance – Replication of Commitments
In this blog we will learn about the new functionality of commitment replication in SAP S/4HANA Central Finance 1809.
The initial load of commitments is also supported, and an initial load preparation report is provided to simulate commitment posting for an existing purchase requisition (PR) or PO. In the source system the commitments are updated in a persistence table based on PO and PR tables EKPR and EKBP. From the persistence tables the commitments are replicated through SAP Landscape Transformation Replication server to Central Finance. Finally, the commitment posting is done in Central Finance, which updates the old commitment line items table COOI as well as the Universal Journal in table ACDOCA.
Necessary SAP Notes:
- 2154420 – Implement on SLT
- 2565329 – Implement on Source
- 2554827 – Additional information
- Install BC set FINS_CFIN_AIF_CMT in the Central system (SCPR20)
- In source system the company code should be maintained in VCFIN_SOURCE_SET
- In Central Finance system, call transaction CFIN_CMT_INIT_PREP – Preparation of Initial Load of Commitments and carry out the activities there. Carrying out this preparation step does the following in the source system:
- Selects purchase requisitions (PR) and purchase orders (PO) which are related to the initial load of commitments.
- Builds a global transfer structure of commitments and saves it to the CFIN_CMT_I table, this data is used for initial load by SLT.
- In SLT, define replications objects for the table CFIN_CMT_H
- Start load and replication for CFIN_CMT_H.
- Process any error messages which occur for commitment replication in AIF in the namespace /FINCF, interface CMT_DOC.
With this the commitments will start getting replicated from SAP source to Central Finance system and the real time reporting will be available in SAP Central system for the commitments.
From what I see commitments for Internal orders are not replicated to ACDOCA but to COOI only. Is it something what will be changed in the future? And if not what’s the guidance for reporting? how to combine ACDOCA with COOI?
Thank you very much Nitin,
Very nice and helpful overview.