SAP Central Finance – Central Project (Replication of WBS)
In this blogs we will see the configuration required in SAP S/4HANA Central Finance 1809 for Replication of WBS for Central Projects reporting.
This is suitable where customer is creating and editing projects in a source system and want to do the project reporting on costs and revenues posted to WBS elements in the Central Finance system. The Central Projects (WBS) – Reporting Scenario allows you to subsequently post FI documents (journal entries) and CO documents with the account assignment to a work breakdown structure (WBS) element and use the project reporting in the Central Finance system for those postings.
Lets see the Architecture first
Architecture (taken from SAP guide)
Prerequisites Source System
- RFC Connection is set in both systems under SM59
- Below notes are implemented in source system
Now lets see the configuration in Source System
- Transaction code – SALE
- Modelling & Implementing Business Processes > Maintain Distribution Model and Distribute Views
3. Go to Edit mode and click on create Model View
4. Enter the details and model will appear
5. Select Model and click “Add BAPI”
6. Enter details as below:
Sender – ECC source
Receiver – S4 Target
Interface – WorkBreakdownStruct
Method – SaveReplica
- Select the view > Environment > Generate Partner Profiles
- Select the model view (in next screen) and follow as screen
- Go to the project model and expand the tree to the last node Receiver determination: no filter and double click it.
- Click “create filter group”
- Add filter on controlling area or project profile
Prerequisites Target System
- Business systems are defined
- Customizing for projects in the source and the Central Finance system is done
- Ensure that the project configuration in the Central Finance system fits the project configuration in the source systems.
- Ensure that the definition of the project mask defined in the Central Finance system does not lead to inconsistencies with the project masks defined in the source systems.
- Mapping action for Project and WBS is set to “OBLIGATORY”
- Business Add-In (BAdI) Enhance Processing of Project Data for project identifiers is implemented
Configuration for SAP AIF
- Activate the BC set FINS_CFIN_AIF_PS in transaction SCPR20
- In transaction /AIF/ERR under namespace /FINCF and Interface name PS_OBJ the AIF messages can be managed
- Start transaction /AIF/DEL_STRUC_CACHE to display correct texts
Configuration in Central Finance System
- Create an Application Link Enabling (ALE) distribution model in the Central Finance system for sending and receiving project data using transaction SALE or BD64
- Assign a process code for the Central Projects (WBS) – Reporting Scenario using transaction WE20.
- Launch transaction BD64 and follow the screen
- Check that the parameters are checked and execute
- In transaction WE20 select the “Partner LS” and “source system” and select new under “inbound parameters”
- Complete the details and “SAVE”
Check Settings for Replication of Projects
- Transaction SA38
- Enter FINS_CFIN_PS_CHECK and execute
- Enter Logical system and execute
The report displays a log of the success, warning and error messages for the configuration settings determined during the check.
If their is no error then replication of WBS will be started in CFIN scenarios and any error in replication will be landed in AIF error handling space and the errors needs to be worked upon.
Thanks and enjoy learning !!!