In this blog we will walk through the new functionalities introduced in CFIN1809 release along with some existing one to have a summarized view of all functionalities and limitations.
Limitations with latest release (carried from older release)
- Postings to CO-FI reconciliation ledger (GL Reconciliation Postings)
- Year-end closing postings where the reference transaction (AWTYP) is GLYEC
- Clearings are not transferred as part of the initial load, but you can activate the transfer of clearings via ongoing replication.
- Clearing resets are not transferred as part of the initial load but you can activate the transfer of clearing resets via ongoing replication.
- Recurring entries
- Sample documents
- Noted items (apart from down payment requests and payment requests)
- Parked documents
- Balance carry forward items
- Closing operations (These comprise processes and functions performed at the end of the fiscal year in certain countries.
Central Payments (blog available with all details on this topic)
- With this feature the vendor and customer open items and invoices replicated from source systems can be paid or cleared centrally in SAP S/4HANA
- The activation of the Central Payments functionality is done for each source system company code.
- With Central Payments functionality, enterprises with a distributed landscape can centralize the payment, receivables, and payables monitoring processes to leverage the benefits of shared services. Additionally, if SAP Bank Communication Management and SAP In-House Cash functionalities are implemented in the Central Finance system, Central Payments can integrate with these functions for improved working capital management.
Central Projects (WBS) – Reporting Scenario
- This is suitable where customer is creating and editing projects in a source system and want to do the project reporting on costs and revenues posted to WBS elements in the Central Finance system. The Central Projects (WBS) – Reporting Scenario allows you to subsequently post FI documents (journal entries) and CO documents with the account assignment to a work breakdown structure (WBS) element and use the project reporting in the Central Finance system for those postings.
- The WBS elements are maintained in the project system in a source system.
- WBS elements can have different identifiers in the source system and the Central Finance system.
- When a project is replicated to the Central Finance system for the first time, new identifiers are derived for the project and the WBS elements.
Replication of committments
- The initial load of commitments is also supported, and an initial load preparation report is provided to simulate commitment posting for an existing purchase requisition (PR) or PO. In the source system the commitments are updated in a persistence table based on PO and PR tables EKPR and EKBP. From the persistence tables the commitments are replicated through SAP Landscape Transformation Replication server to Central Finance. Finally, the commitment posting is done in Central Finance, which updates the old commitment line items table COOI as well as the Universal Journal in table ACDOCA.
Side Panel in Central Finance
- With this feature information related to FI documents and master data from the Central Finance system is displayed, when user is working in a source system transaction
SD Document flow in source system
In the source system, if Central Payment is activated, when users display the accounting documents in SD Document Flow, they may want to know the corresponding CFIN documents and their clearing status.
With this feature you can view details of a replicated document and its clearing status in Central Finance when you are working in a source system
Down Payments integration
- With this feature you can make down payments related to a sales order (condition or request based) or carry out clearing activities for down payments and invoices in your Central Finance system.
Tax customizing consistency check
- The tax customizing consistency check ensures that tax-related customizing in the source and Central Finance systems is consistent by replication of key tax-related customizing tables from the source to Central Finance system through the SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server
Tax Recalculation check
- The Tax recalculation check compares the tax posting values replicated with the financial postings from the source system with the calculated tax values based on the configuration in the Central Finance system. If there are any differences exceeding the threshold defined, then an error message is displayed, and the posting is blocked in AIF in Central Finance.
Configuration Consistency check
Once the configuration and mapping activities in the Central Finance system, you can execute a report to check that your settings are consistent between source and Central Finance systems. For example – GL Account is open-item managed in the source system but not open-item managed in CFIN