Mass Transports Import in SAP
In this blog I’m going to explain how to import multiple transports at a time in SAP system and how to add huge number of transports into buffer using scripts on OS – Windows and DB – MSSQL environment.
SID – <SID>
DB – MSSQL 2012
OS – Windows Server 2012
- We have nearly 475 transports which needs to be imported into a development system in our landscape with OS – Windows and on DB – MSSQL.
- Manually adding each TR into buffer kills time. Instead of adding tr’s manually we can use scripts to add any number of transports into buffer.
- Place all the TR related Cofiles and Data files into trans directoryi.e., in “<drive>:\usr\sap\trans\cofiles”
& in “<drive>:\usr\sap\trans\data” as shown below
- After copying both cofile and data files to the trans directory open a new .txt file and enter the script as shown below.
SYNTAX – tp addtobuffer REQUEST SID client=XXX pf= Transport domain profile.
SYNTAX – tp addtobuffer <SID>K9XXXXX <target SID> client=XXX pf=TP_DOMAIN_SID.PFL
Where as Request = Transport number = <source SID>K9XXXXX,
<SID> = <Target SID> in which system you are going to import these Tr’s
Client = Target Client where your transport must be imported.
pf = <drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<target SID>.PFL
Now for example script syntax will look like
tp addtobuffer EC1K900010 EC2 client=100 pf=D:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_EC2.PFL
- Copy the final script and load it into a new excel sheet to do the same for all other Tr’s as shown below.
- After writing the script for all the transports in excel copy the syntax into a .txt file and save it as transports.bat or transports.cmd
- And save the file as “transports.bat”
- Copy this file to usr\sap\trans\bin directory
- Now run the file from command prompt using command “transports.bat>>error.txt”, you can view the error log in error.txt file if any.
- You can trace the error logs if any from error.txt file
- Now goto the target system and enter STMS_IMPORT here you can see now all the 475 Tr’s added to buffer.
Click on Import All Requests button to import all the Tr’s into the target system. Give the target client and choose appropriate import options.
This procedure makes life easy when there are many number of transports to be imported. Please add comments for any changes