On of the biggest challenges for marketing teams is to measure the success of campaigns not only by number of contacts or responses but by value of the orders that have been initiated by the campaign.
In SAP Business ByDesign this is fairly simple by adapting the built-in campaign analysis report and defining a KPI on top of it.
In the demo below you see how you can take the campaign analysis report in the marketing work center and adapt it to track the figures using a KPI
Setup of the source and KPI for “Discount Monitor”
The KPI is based on the “Campaign Analysis” report which you can find in the marketing work center. In order to adapt the report views and selections for your needs you need to do the changes in the “Business Analytics” work center:
As Sales Order volume and number of responses usually have a completely different magnitude you need to set a scaling factor to get a nice looking chart.
In the Business Analytics work center you can also create and change KPIs. In the following can you see the settings for the Discount Monitor KPI.
a.) General KPI settings: Here you reuse the views and selections (e.g. current year) from the “Campaign Analysis” report.
b.) KPI Values and Thresholds: Again you can reuse the views and selections (e.g. last year) from the report.
c.) KPI Additional Contexts: These are additional report views you want to display in the KPI or use for navigation.
More details on customer analytics can be found here:
- Embedded customer analytics based on SAP HANA is one of the key strength of ByDesign.
- Monitor lead quantity and quality in marketing
- Monitor projected sales volume with targets, opportunities and actual sales
- Monitor critical customer payment activities
- Track campaign success by generated revenue
- Monitor customer discounts by team, product or customer
- Sales target planning and tracking incl. pipeline simulation
This blog post is part of a series of blog posts introducing KPIs for process monitoring and optimization purposes Process Monitoring and Optimization with KPIs.