Delta Activation of Analytics content
With 1902, a performance improvement topic during deployments – Delta Activation of Analytics content is delivered. This feature would activate the analytics content created in a PDI solution in delta mode. This would mean that only the analytical content changed in a patch would be activated in delta mode thus saving deployment activation time.
This feature can be enabled by configuring the scoping question in Business Configuration.
Navigate to Business Configuration > Implementation Projects > Your Project> Edit Project Scope> Questions > Built-in Services and Support > System Management > Analytics and select the following question:
“Do you want to enable delta content activation for analytical objects developed in the SAP Cloud Applications Studio?”
Ensure that you enable this business option in both the source and target systems to enable the Delta Activation of analytics content during deployments.
You will experience better performance while deploying the subsequent patch solutions on the system. The solution content related to business analytics, such as, data sources, reports, key figures and so on, will be considered for activation during deployment, only if the content has been changed in the patch.
- One-off and Multi Customer solutions support Delta activation of Analytics feature.
- After the BC option is switched on, the second deployment would have the performance impact as the 1st deployment (after the BC option is switched on) would create delta meta data and thus the subsequent deployment would process as delta.
- The delta metadata required for delta activation of analytical content would only be created during patch creations. That would mean, existing In dev solutions would not have delta metadata created. Only after they are assembled, and a patch is created, the delta metadata would be created.
- To verify if analytical content is activated in delta mode or not, one can refer to the activation logs on the Version History tab of Implementation Manager.
Current scope (as of 1902)
- Only solutions having all analytical content created in English (EN) language would support this feature.